PDA

View Full Version : 3dsmax 7 Physique vertex assignments problem

valoukh
04-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi! I wonder if anyone can help shed some light on my problem. I'm using Biped with Physique for my character. I've almost finished skinning the character but have noticed a problem with the deformation. When I rotate the Biped's head bone forwards, the chin of the character crunches up, squashing the face vertically; when I rotate the head backwards, the chin is more reluctant that the rest of the head to come all of the way up. Both of these instance suggest to me that the chin vertices are being affected by the chest, which is perhaps pulling/pushing on them and not allowing them to move correctly. I have, however, removed all references to anything but the head bone in the type-in weights dialog and the problem persists.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
-valoukh.

eek
04-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Have you tried using the skin modifier?? Why are people still using physique?

eek

thomaspecht
04-28-2006, 07:31 PM
i know it's a valid one (yet slightly annoying since it ALWAYS comes up when physique is mentioned ;) ) but you should also consider that some people are still using engine exporters and whatnot that require physique data. lastly i know guys who in all earnest prefer to work this way. whatever does the job, i guess.

as for the actual question: no idea - if you have really made sure that all the weights are bound to the head then it should deform correctly. my guess is you have overlooked something. rigid vs deformable weights, maybe? or there's still some envelope that influences your skinning. did you lock the weights after changing them with the type dialog? or is this maybe an issue with max - anything that's corrected in a servicepack?

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2006, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.