PDA

View Full Version : Flash Game-engines

Niber
01-03-2003, 06:56 PM
I one of few who actually likes doing real computer games in Flash.

Do anyone know some Game engine to use in Flash, with that I mean like a fighting game you can copy ACtionscript from or such.
But also racing game or Adventure game...

shahadi
01-03-2003, 10:03 PM
I have been looking for engines myself, they are hard to find. Your best bet is to gotoAndStop; (get it :) websites like:

www.flashkit.com

and look through there actionscript tutorials. You can take the lessons and put together your own flash game! YAY!

Niber
01-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Yes I've been to that place and I already know how to do games it's just that it would be great if the site had one section of engines, the reson why I need a good engine is so that I can focus more on the 3d-art in my next game and doing complex programming thing would take to long for one person.

Ian Jones
01-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Hi Guys.

I have been mucking around with games in Flash. I'm not too succesful yet... cos I'm a copy+paste programmer. I got a Car engine, with brakes and chassis/body sway. I also have a helicopter engine, driven with the mouse that tracks and follows the mouse position as a target point. The chopper decelerates towards the point. I have modified these from dowloads at the following website.

I found that www.edevcafe.com has some nice info and downloads for Flash game engines. Have fun!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.