PDA

View Full Version : Render-questions about Vray

Mortis
04-27-2006, 10:58 AM
HEy folks. I got following problems. I hope someone can help me, cause its kinda of an emergency.
I need to render a bottle with a scene and several other thinks. But I need to render the images in the size of an A4 paper (2480x3508). Considering the resolutions and all the effects (HDRI, GI, caustics...) I need to render the bottle all alone because otherwise it takes far too much time. Now, the problem is how can I render a bottle made out of glass... with reflections, shadowcasts and caustics without having the scene around?
Ive tried many techniques. But either way I dont get any shadows or caustic effects.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

Btw, yeah I use Vray

CupOWonton
05-02-2006, 05:59 AM
What version of Vray are you using? Depending on which one theres different ways to do it.

Are you using 1.48 or Free?

Mortis
05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
ehm itsn an older version, compatible to 3dsmax 6.
Its called VRay Adv. 1.09

CupOWonton
05-02-2006, 02:35 PM
which one? 1.09n?

CapitanRed
05-11-2006, 10:09 AM
you can select all your objects, which you do not want to see, and rightklick, then, under properties, unchek visible to camera.
the reflections and light bouncing will still be there.

If you want see the custics and the reflections on these objects, you may not make them unvisible to camera, no, you have to applay a vray material wrapper to them.

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2006, 10:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.