PDA

View Full Version : RenderMaps & XSI2.0.1 ?

sumatra_xsi
03-09-2002, 02:59 AM
how can I create render maps (baking) in XSI2 ?

thanks
sumatra2xsi

EdHarriss
03-09-2002, 09:11 AM
There is actually a tool in XSI 2.0 called Rendermap. It will do just what you are asking. Rendermap allows you to "bake" complex texturing and rendertree information into a single texture, or color at vertices property, using the RenderMap or RenderVertex properties.

It can be found under Get>Property>Rendermap.

sumatra_xsi
03-10-2002, 08:28 PM
i tried it before but i could not get a result so that's why i asked it. i am looking for a good tutorial or something.

thanks Mr Harriss

sumatra2XSI

HapZungLam
11-05-2002, 09:43 PM
????? where is the rendermap commend under????

i watched MAX presentation that they can do GI pretty fast and simply put those final fx into 1 map.

I remember the days that i am still using SI3D, i used render map for my texture. I am thinking about if i setup a scene with all the textures and light on it . then i do a render map for all the surfaces, and apply the texture to it, than i don't have to render GI everytime. it is very good for game, light scene. does it work with rendermap? how can i use it. any tutorials?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.