PDA

View Full Version : new concept, pleaseee critique!

daydreameroperter
04-27-2006, 02:40 AM
Hey I drew this in photoshop with a tablet.

http://gabesportfolio.com/cat.jpg

Let me know what you think.

polysmith
04-27-2006, 02:49 AM
nice full res upload!

Euphrosyne
04-27-2006, 08:15 AM
I really like the head but the body makes no sense to me. An explination about your concept might help me to envision what you are trying to achieve. The head looks like a wild cat, I just can't get what you are doing with the body.

daydreameroperter
04-27-2006, 08:24 AM
gotcha, well he should be looking around directly behind him. The top where his fur stands up is the arch of his back exxagerated, leading down his back, to where his tail starts, which leads around to the front of his body, to the back again as though inspecting what's behind him along with the head. hope that helps. maybe i should change the lighting to clear that up for future viewers

Kng_Shango
04-27-2006, 12:22 PM
another thing you might work out is the cats tail. at first sight it lookd like a leg to me then i realised its the tail but then the shadow is on the complete wrong side of the cat. try to get the eyebrow style you drawed on the tailend, so it looks more like fur :)

daydreameroperter
04-27-2006, 04:31 PM
good idea. thx :)

Runecaster
04-27-2006, 10:39 PM
That image was HUGE! =D

I really like the expression on the cat's face, looking forward for updates!

daydreameroperter
04-30-2006, 06:55 AM
some minor changes have been made to the drawing to help clarify the body structure. I hope this looks better. Currently I'm working on the background. Let me know what you think of it. It's at the same link.

http://gabesportfolio.com/cat.jpg

demet
04-30-2006, 02:06 PM
The light on the cat's head is good but I think, same light should be on the shoulders. At first glance, I can't separate the tail and the foreleg. But I thing it is tail. :) you could work on it, good work!

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2006, 02:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.