PDA

View Full Version : no flip elbow problems

santosLord
04-27-2006, 02:03 AM
I made a no flip elbow rig and followed the Art of Rigging and the problem I have is the arm control is not working like it should. The forearm is moving along with the control. Is there a way to fix this. I also have it set up with IKFK switch, does that have anything to do with it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe Hughes
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
im having a similar problem with a rig im doing on the side. i have IKFK switching going on the characters legs and arms and ive integrated some stretching on both ik and fk along with a no flip setup for both. i have the legs working pretty well but not so much on the arms. the attribute to control the rotation of the joint to take place of the pole vector (which i called ELBOW) rotates the entire arm which is no good. thats not so bad for the legs because you cant actually rotate your leg without rotating your knee as well, not the case for the elbow because of the radius and ulna action. i havent found a way to fix the arm for now so ive just sucked it up and created a pole vector for it and may go back to it later to see if i can figure out a solution for it.

sorry didnt really answer your question, just wanted to let you know you werent alone out there.

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.