PDA

View Full Version : how can i fix this?

claws_33
04-26-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't know when these things happen, but they always seem to. i've started over many a time because i've done this before. so please, how can i fix these areas that get indented? and how can i keep it from happening anymore? i appreciate ANY info as I'm so very tired of starting over :( http://www.csupomona.edu/%7Eegkopin/lightwave/Dragondog/issues%20copy.jpg

benclark
04-26-2006, 11:32 PM
setup Zbrush so you have ten million undo's and just go back to before it happened

or Try smoothing the areas with a normal brush

If you've been working in ProjectionMaster I would always do a quick check of the model when I pick it up to make sure this hasnt happened

claws_33
04-27-2006, 12:13 AM
yea.. it happened in PM. i looked around but i'm pretty blind so..>_< is there any way i can keep stuff like that from occuring?its so infuriating!

comic-craig
04-27-2006, 03:32 AM
I can't say for sure how to avoid- but here is what I do.

Avoid triangles in the initial geometry- or more importantly stars (I get pinching in those areas)

Do the double check mentioned in the previous statement.

Sometimes I've gotten a strange welding of verts- where a vert merges all the way thru the geometry to the other side. I export this to another program (maya is my choice) clean it up- and then back to Zbrush. I lose subdivision levels doing this- but its possible to regain them if the incoming geometry is quads. Usually I don't mind losing them because I already have a low rez backup- and I'm going to finish in Maya with that low rez backup and the highrez for a normal map.

I'm sure there is more to this- I hope someone posts on how to edit your verts, delete verts, and keep your subdivisions.

good luck
Craig

claws_33
04-27-2006, 05:34 PM
i read that there is a way to use a morph brush to restore to the stored mt? but i haven't been able to find anything else about that. do you guys know anything like that?

eblondin
04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
If you have a morph target stored at a given sub d level you can use the morph brush under Transform - Morph to brush your model back to the stored morph target. remember though you have to be at the same sub d level that you stored the morph target at.

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.