PDA

View Full Version : 3dsmax rig problem

JMusto0223
04-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey, Im working on rigging my character (1st rig ever) in 3d studio max 8 and i did the arms and hands/fingers fine and they work, but I'm having a problem with a foot problem. When I rotated my bone to see if everything went fine it dragged part of the other foot with it... is this because I havent set up any spine/head bones yet, or what? here is a screenshot

http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/2498/rig6mz.jpg

EDIT --- I just spaced the feet more apart and now it doesnt drag part of the other foot with it when I adjust the bone

musashidan
04-26-2006, 09:14 PM
I take it the character has a skin modifier applied?If so,then the bones envelope is infuencing the opposite foot.just select each bone in turn on the legs/feet in skin modifier and exclude the verts on the opposite leg.

gdimmrt
04-27-2006, 05:14 AM
You can't just add bones and expect it to work flawlessly. Rigging and skinning is very time consuming and difficult to get perfect. Since it's your first rig, I suggest you do the rigging tutorials which came with max. They are very good to get you started.

rocky7x7
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
yes,i agree,the rigging tutorial which comes with max is a good way to start,hav been very helpful for me.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.