PDA

View Full Version : it's time to paint my model, but...

daydreameroperter
04-26-2006, 07:47 PM
In a tutorial I've seen, an artist actually rendered out a model, and then proceeded to paint colors on it. However on my model I can only seem to paint black and white with the simple brush and the listed materials. I keep changing the color on the little box to the left, but the materials never accept it. The only colors I get are when the material is preset with color..like wood. So does that mean each material in Z brush has its own color that can't be changed? And if so where can I download more shaders or materials?

comic-craig
04-27-2006, 03:37 AM
Two things that might help:

First Make sure the brush you are using is painting RGB. It can be set to "M" (materials) "Zdepth" (modelling) "Mrgb" (Materials and color) and "RGB" (color) and/or any combinations of those. These are set in the upper right of the UI window (next to brush size)

Second- use the project master to do your color texture painting (upper left). You can paint without the projection master- but the results are often poor and choppy.

I reccomend looking into the help file- there are some great tutorial movies on this kind of thing.

hope that helps- if not, write again.

Good luck
Craig

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2006, 03:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.