PDA

View Full Version : Scene Editor

Frankie
01-03-2003, 03:06 PM
When I am in the scene editor in layout I can scale any items time line by clicking on the little boxes at the end, or beginning, of the segment of time which contains all the keyframes. I can also move it by clicking and dragging anywhere on it, when I expand the item I can preform the same features on the 'position X' or 'rotation P' ect. but as well as that I can click on a key and move it around the timescale without effecting the others.
What I would like to beable to do is click and drag the key around in root time line of the item and effecting everything below which is on the same key. It seems like the features are there, with the shift and scale buttons but you are just not able to do mass selects then move, copy and scale just with the mouse.

Do you think they may add this as a feature (or implement keytrack) to 8 or even the new patch i've been hearing people talk about?

Thanks

DaveW
01-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Seems my reply got lost so here we go again.

What you're looking for is a dopesheet, the closest thing to that right now is keytrack. You can do this in the graph editor too but it's a little more confusing, especially with a lot of channels to edit.

Frankie
01-04-2003, 12:17 AM
Yeah, thats what I thought. Although like I said, all the features you need seem to be there just its not really an option if you are doing a lot of things at once. I dont know anything about the scripting or plugin capabilities, sometimes a new one comes out it seems to do something I never thought possiable from a thirdparty developer, maby it would be possiable to add the features this way. Or it might just turn out that the graph editor is just as good! I always did all my work at home in lightwave without a dope sheet but now I got a job and i'm animating in Character Studio I have a Dope Sheet but no Graph Editor! So I couldent help but wonder if they would be usefull together, although ive always found that the way LW makes and copys keys with the enter key is very quick to make any changes I need.

Thanks for your reply!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.