PDA

View Full Version : "Gathering" WIP

andreasrocha
04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I started this yesterday evening trying to work as quickly as possible, focusing on shapes, colors and value. My next stage will be adding details. It was based on a photograph that I will post later. I don't really have a story or description to go with it.

Any suggestions on improving this or finding some kind of story for it would be great.

http://ndrock.com.sapo.pt/CGTalk/Station01b.jpg

frostblade
04-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Maybe you can add a little boy that's running away in fear while the others are all focused on the bright light stuff... The boy could be so frightened that he is in the process of falling over or something to give him a lot of emphasis.

great work, I like the textures.

jmBoekestein
04-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Might be that you're reflecting on an idea rather than a illustrative story right? I think you should go by feel untill you think it captures what you seemto find in the photograph or your own mind
I think the fact that it seems ambiguous, and doesn't show the thing they gather around makes it more interesting, makes you search the picture for clues. The lighting and colourscheme are great btw!

cuddlesmcsavage
04-30-2006, 03:46 AM
i love the composition of this piece, the lighting is awesome. it kinda looks like it could be some kind of cult gathering or people witnessing a ufo or something. the shadows remind me of the shadows that trees would cast. i guess its open to interpretation! lighting wise the only comment i can make thus far is that there appears to be light on the wrong side of one of the figures. as you look from the right at the front row of people she would be the sixth one. i dunno maybe i'm just being picky, keep working on though, i'm really looking forward to the finished product.

jmBoekestein
04-30-2006, 04:06 AM
Just wanted to mention, I did mostly girly pics ad it's hard to escape from. Girls hav eastheticall y appealing curves, but your ventures are exceptionally good. :) There's a very impressive mood to this pieces. It's worth noting I think, because it's so different, if not only for the mood they portray. :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2006, 04:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.