PDA

View Full Version : need help with color settings.

Akuma
01-03-2003, 05:44 AM
for some reason when i work in photoshop i see blue as blue right, but when i goto "save for web" it shows it as purple... what could be causing this? This is a fresh install of photoshop on a different OS (win2k) so im not sure what to do to fix this.

i made a spectrum of the colors and i went to "save for web" again and i noticed there was more blue in the work space window with the open document then there are with the one in the save for web window, i checked it in a few other apps and it looks like photoshop has something messed up with gamma for files still in the work space.

look here (http://www.elementaleye.com/images/problem.jpg) to see what i mean.

gORDEK
01-08-2003, 10:21 AM
hi there,

i think, the colour-change photoshop does, depends on the fact that you are saving this pic for web! when you recalculate pictures to gif/jpeg, a colorpallette (gif) or an compression-algorythm (jpg (am i right??)) is used to store the color information, but in a compressed way, so this sometimes results in these slight changes of colour. try all to check all compression-methods photoshop gives you in "save-for-web" and decide, what looks best for you... i hope, i really understood, what you have meant.. if not, please correct me. sorry for my cryptic english speaking...

blankslatejoe
01-22-2003, 08:32 AM
I've come across a similar problem, even when being as tedious as to right down the hex-code for the color and matching with what I want. Sometimes web does weird things and I always wonder if its the browsers or photoshop.

singularity2006
01-26-2003, 06:21 AM
i seem to get that onlee w/ my LCD and any system using an LCD... on the CRT's, it looks fine... I got really PO'd cuz it threw my colors really out of whack and i disabled all color management... but then that made my colors look really washed out on other systems. What photoshop is doing is taking whatever images u have and adjusting their hues to compensate to look normal when viewed in other applications ... though this gets irritating... even more when trying to adjust for print quality.... ugh... yeah... everything kinda messy... generally speaking, I wouldn't mess w/ the color management and just put up w/ the whack colors.

for example, working on image "a", in photoshop it looks fine. Save for web, it looks really purple. Open in IE, it looks fine.

Open image "a" in IE, it looks fine. Open the same image in PS, too purple.... i get that w/ the web graphics default under the color settings .... it's hard and weird.. >.<

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.