PDA

View Full Version : Current frame number in HUD during playblast

AlphaJoe
04-25-2006, 01:27 PM
I am having trouble getting a HUD object which shows the current frame number to update during a playblast. It updates fine when played in the hardware view, but when I do a playblast, the number doesn't change.

I have tried the -atr flag, but that does not work. Here is my command which works in the hardware view when I press the play button:

headsUpDisplay
-section 8
-block 0
-command "currentTime -q"
-decimalPrecision 2
-event "timeChanged"
HUDCurrentTime;

If I change the -event flag to be the -atr flag, the field no longer updates except when you stop playback, or drag on the timeline and release. It does not update during the redraw. If I playblast it changes to the start frame of the blast and never updates again.

Any idea what this could be?

Buexe
04-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Could it be that these events do not get updated during playback? I remember reading something like that in the docs.

scottiedoo
04-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I have a working frame counter if you would like this code. Its almost the same, I dont know why yours does not update:

headsUpDisplay
-section 5
-block 1
-blockSize "small"
-dfs "large"
-ao 1
-l frame
-atr
HUDFrameCount;

good luck

AlphaJoe
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I tried your version of this command as well, and it still doesn't work. I did neglect to mention that I am running maya 7.0 on a nVidia Quadro FX 1400 as well. Not sure if this would make a difference.

I have a working frame counter if you would like this code. Its almost the same, I dont know why yours does not update:

headsUpDisplay
-section 5
-block 1
-blockSize "small"
-dfs "large"
-ao 1
-l frame
-atr
HUDFrameCount;

good luck

diskhub
01-16-2007, 06:15 AM
i have the same problem... anyone knows what's wrong?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=89&t=444823&highlight=frame+number+playblast

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2007, 06:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.