PDA

View Full Version : WIP. Officer Titania

Hobs
04-25-2006, 09:50 AM
About to start on this character shes a law inforcer. posted a wip for the concept art at http://www.2bitanimation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10 it shows my method of drawing which may be of use to some.

Hobs
05-13-2006, 03:53 AM
Heya . heres my final concept and start of model. changed the boots cos they where a bit to bulky and non descript also removed the belts of the jacket.

Hobs
05-22-2006, 02:47 PM
heres my final model just have to find good hand gun referance material one of those desert eagle ones i think . then i can make the holsters and its texture time i guess. under 3600 tri's so far

PermaGrin
05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Looks pretty nice, keep on it.

weasel.acuh5o
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
hm, can't say much about it since it's quite stylized (looks nice though, reminds me of aeon flux). the face sticks out a bit because it's failry flat, you might want to take a look at that.

I think you managed to capture the sketch quite well, though I have to say that it's a bit hard to tell how close to the origianl 'spirit' (or feeling) it will be in this stiff pose. looking forward to a more dynamic pose on this, good luck with the textures.

Hobs
05-26-2006, 10:17 AM
ok weasel i understand the golem looks cool by the way, Im about to rig the character to give her that certain personality im after but the rig im thinking of in order to creat this is nothing like the character studio rig. it seems to me that character studio just doesnt cut it. or maybe im just doing it wrong.
anyhow my question and i would love advice.
when a character goes into a game as a non player character do the bones go with it can you use morph targets. Does it all collapse down to just mesh and keyframes.?

oh and one more thing the way i have modelled it no poly will intersect any other, the eye balls are seperate but there is holes in the mesh eg eye sokets and mouth is that bad.
thanks for your time guys

Hobs
05-26-2006, 10:22 AM
oops one more question if there is no need to bone something eg a nife or gun where you can animate it as just an atached object shuold you give it a bone anyway

Kevin-Killjoy
05-28-2006, 06:38 PM
oops one more question if there is no need to bone something eg a nife or gun where you can animate it as just an atached object shuold you give it a bone anyway

Hi - depends on the engine of course, but generally it's a good idea. Animation sets may very well be shared between different characters and weapons, so it makes sense to animate a bone (which different weapons could attach to) than a weapon.

The character studio skeleton is crap. Too bad, 'cause there are a lot of good features in character studio. I don't think many games companies use it nowadays - we sure don't.

-Killjoy

Hobs
06-17-2006, 02:24 AM
Hey guys im currently working on a rig and have a bit of a problem.
i have three helper objects (ho1,ho2,ho3.).
ho1 is in motion,
ho2 has a circullar path around ho1,
Ho3 is the problem ,
i want it to have the same y axis position as ho2 relative to ho1
but keep the same z,x axis as ho1

(ho3 will end up moving in an up and down motion relative to ho1 y axis and move around the scene with ho1) this motion would be a sin wave compared to ho1.

So i am looking to learn how to constrain ho3 Y axis to ho2 and constrain its z,x axis to ho1 ?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Hobs
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Final model, rigged, no texture map yet and wieghing in at 4950 tripolys including her guns. hope to get chance to do the texture soon.

Hobs
09-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Ok here she is. After a bit of adjustment she now is under 5000 tris has a texture map of 1024 and fully rigged.

Gamedev
09-10-2006, 04:16 AM
she is looking really good though I think you could push the diffuse map quite a bit farther. Some nice wrinkles in the clothing, and more 'texture' could go a long way.

Great work thus far!

Hobs
09-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Hi Tyler,

I agree the texture could be better, however I am not putting any more work into it texture wise until I get a drawing tablet. I checked out your site and was very impressed with your texuring ability. Hopefully for my next project I will have the wacom tablet so I can give it a real go ! It wil be scenery for the unreal engine.
Cheers mate

Hobs
09-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Ok final image ill upload and its now on to bigger and better things. Hope you like but tell me if you dont cos im gonna make my next character in the same style.

Gamedev
09-13-2006, 05:46 AM
Yes, texturing without a wacom is a pain (I havenít had working a wacom in months :sad: She looks really good Hobs and I look forward to seeing your next piece. Thanks for the kind words!

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2006, 05:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.