PDA

View Full Version : logo suggestion?

roosterjm2002
01-03-2003, 01:38 AM
Ok, im a complete noob here ( :wavey: ) but i have been reading y'alls posts for a while now...so i thought i might see what you guys thought of this logo. any comments/suggestions/critiques you can think of are appreciated.

roosterjm2002
01-03-2003, 01:42 AM
Yep...noob...forgot to attach! :buttrock:

bigyou
01-03-2003, 02:56 AM
hi pal

youre without a doubt on a good track. but my main advice would be that you reduce the size of it. its way too big, imo. my second advice would be to simplify it. less is more my friend. actually my eyes are going at too much different spots. maybe just keep the ball and try to sylize it somehow. try playing with thickness for example.

keep going pal !!!
:thumbsup: :buttrock: :thumbsup:

Sentenza
01-03-2003, 01:59 PM
<< my eyes are going at too much different spots >>
Yes, I agree on that.
And one more point. The outline around the text is a little "puzzling". I think that the text is less readable with this "white line" around it.
But then - maybe it's just me ... or is it just a little to broad ... Hhm ...
Otherwise, good start and now it's time for finetuning.

DannyB
01-31-2003, 12:05 AM
Simplify and experiment with different fonts the logo itself drowns out the type, the finest logos are ones that you could draw in the sand.

Check out some professional logos and keep sketching and developing till you get it. Personally I find logos quite arduous but worth it once you've cracked it.

Once finished that logo will define whatever it appears on, make it stand up to logos like IBM and CBS.

Good start but keep working it.

singularity2006
01-31-2003, 01:59 AM
yah, my eyes are getting thrown off by the high contrasts, multiple curves, edges, and corners, created by the text in the logo.

kraal
01-31-2003, 07:36 AM
ok i have done quite i few logo and corporate identaties in my freelancing and i will give you some points....first of all the post aboput the buziness i agree...simplify it. Now about a logo ...a logo defines a company what do you want to say about the company but most os all what does the company say about it's self...the logo must refelect this a logo has to be striking and remeberable on first glance sure it will take a long time before it is recognized like thew nike or adidas symbols but it must stand out cause it will be imbedded in peoples minds and people remeber symbols and colors first so the will associate that......now the bad news....i would suggest avoid eyeballs, lower case "i's" and globes....these have been done so much the are becoming generic...look at a cheap set of clip art logos or got to a printshop and ask for the selections of free logo's you can get for your business card and see how many of those you run into.......before you design a logo have in mind what it is saying and that should not be just the name of the company........ok i am done

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.