PDA

View Full Version : 2D Reel (Rebecca Hitchens)

winterhart
04-24-2006, 05:24 PM
So I had to put an "animation" (don't ask...) together for a class project in After Effects...I decided to do a reel of my 2D work, specifically showcasing the rendering of my gryphon (posted elsewhere on CG Talk).

Goals in life-wildlife coservation illustration or texture artist/character concept for gaming/film industries...I love photoshop, but I also love wildlife...so it's a fine line.

This isn't a demo reel I would actually take to a company, it's a bit basic and quickly assembled...

Feel free to check it out and Crit.

http://media.putfile.com/reelish

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Beelzebub44/gryphonfi.jpg

Salubri3i
04-25-2006, 08:27 AM
i like the work you've done here. the head of the gryphon looks really good. however some parts of the body and brown wing needs more contrast i think. my works suffer from the same problem. i'm pretty shy around paint. lolz.

all in all very nice. i hope you update regularly. :bounce:

winterhart
04-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the crit on the Gryphon, yeah I should really update it and work on it some more, but my cat destroyed my tablet (grrr) by charging into the cord and breaking it out of the actual tablet!!!
This post was actually more for the "demo reel", the gryphon was just bait to try and get people to view it, but maybe that's not working???
ah well, we win some we lose some!
B.

cuddlesmcsavage
04-30-2006, 03:17 AM
i couldnt view the reel, but i really like the gryphon so far, the details excellent. looking forward to see the rest of fully detailed. one thing, you should maybe redo the colour on the hair ontop its head, as right now you only really see the yellow at first so it looks like he has a spiky haircut.....that sucks with the tablet! i dont know what i would do without mine...hope you replace it soon!

pap87
05-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Damn, I wasn't expecting such detail in the first post. The gryphon is awesome, you've got some serious talent.

DeeZeL
05-01-2006, 08:49 AM
From the looks of it, it seems like you have only the wings and the rest of the body to make sharper. Awesome work =).

Salubri3i
05-02-2006, 01:39 AM
...but my cat destroyed my tablet (grrr) by charging into the cord and breaking it out of the actual tablet!!!

fortunately my cat loves me enough that she never enters my room without my expressed persmission. lolz.

yeah she's smart like that... we sorta had problems when she learned how to open doors though. :wise:

winterhart
05-31-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys...just got a new tablet (well...technically it's the boyfriends...) intuos...so hopefully I will get to do some more work!
Cheers!
B.

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2006, 12:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.