PDA

View Full Version : HARDCORE MODELING!: THE DAVID: Full body...

jorust
04-24-2006, 04:08 PM
There's no way I can pull this off, but I'm in for the ride.

Started to blocking the main shape. Nothing more to say at this stage...

http://homepage.mac.com/janoverust/.Pictures/CGTalk/david.jpg

Bao2
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
I can see the works of the censorship.:rolleyes:

rasmusW
04-24-2006, 07:52 PM
hey polymesh!
looks like a fine start. are you planning on doing "the real modeling" in zbrush, or do you just continue from here in modo? (-it is modo right?)

I can see the works of the censorship.:rolleyes:

hahahahah... auv:argh:

jorust
04-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Nice one Bao2 :)

abyss103 - Im going to take it as far as I can in modo.
But I must start learnig Zbrush soooon...

Rod Seffen
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
zbrush would make some of this sooo much easier - but I can't help thinking of sculpting as 'cheating' in a modeling contest.

rasmusW
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
diffently see your point, oddity. but then again, then we'll have to define modeling/sculpting/painting... for example when you are doing a displament map in zbrush. -do you then paint it, like you would have done in let's say photoshop or do you model it like like i would say you do in zbrush.
in my oppinion, sculping and modeling is more or less the same.

hope it came out well and understandeble...

-r

Rod Seffen
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Don't want to hijack this thread, but zbrush sculpting and poly modeling are completely different. All yoiu need think about in zbrush is the subject, while in poly modeling you have to think just as hard about the subject, and then think about your poly flow on top of that. Poly flows can get very difficult in complex organic models.
Poly modeling is more difficult than sculpting from a technical point of view, though they are both equally as difficult artistically.

rasmusW
04-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Don't want to hijack this thread -me neither...
yearh! i see your point. it's just that i never really thought about that way.

-r

Gabe
04-25-2006, 07:32 AM
I see the point, but....

I don't think using a better tool is cheating. It still takes artistic talent to use, and it's more fun IMO.

If it can help make your work better, then by all means use it. I wouldn't want to limit or cause my self any extra head aches, when I have a way to avoid them.

But, to each his own.

RobertoOrtiz
04-30-2006, 02:30 PM
TWO WEEKS TO GO! (MAY 15th):Hardcore Modeling Challenge: THE DAVID! (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=352022)
Just a reminder

-R

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2006, 02:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.