PDA

View Full Version : animation show reel guidance

4d.bryan
04-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi guys I need some urgent help, I'm a fresher in this industry, And I want to know what kind of animation should i have, what kind of animations do employers expect in my show reel how long should my show reel be, what are all the rules I should follow while doing my animation show reel, Should i model and rig a character and then animate it or can I use packageman or troll for my animation, can anybody answer me as soon as possible? Please tell me how long my show reel should be?
Please write me soon, thanks a Lot.

4d.bryan
04-24-2006, 12:35 PM
whom ever views it please reply and clear my doubts, Please,
Thanks a lot

stewartjones
04-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Good animation, is good animation. Timing, weight, acting etc.

I think a lot depends on the companies you are applying for too. I would advise just animating though. Forget about making your own characters and concentrate on using the characters you can get off of the net.

As for rules and good practice for a reel, I'm sure that there will be a kazillion threads on here if you do a search!

kriss_sep26
04-25-2006, 07:25 AM
HI!

Hey u must show the ANIMATION principles(Like squash and stretch, timing, posing, anticipation,follow throygh etc...) in u r SHOW REEl.

And u can use any charecter for u r animation.

All the best..

SREE

4d.bryan
04-25-2006, 08:05 AM
thanks a lot guys thanks for your replies, I'll start my animation as soon as possible.

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2006, 08:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.