PDA

View Full Version : eyelash problem

keiko123
04-24-2006, 10:59 AM
hi everyone~ what is the best way to put the eyelash on?
i have the model done and wanna put the eyelash on as a separate part.
but i couldn't find a way to put the eyelash stick on the eyelid...
pls give me a hand~ thanks~~~~~ :D

RALawrence
04-30-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. I attached the eyelashes to my head model. When I went to create a "blink" morph target, I became a blubbering idiot trying to get the lids closed while keeping the lashes aligned properly.

Advice, anyone?

Illusion-shadow
04-30-2006, 07:11 PM
What software are you guys using? If you are using max, try the skinwrap modifier. Just wrap the eyeslashes to the head mesh.

eek
05-01-2006, 01:13 AM
attachment constraint to. But might be a little heavy on all those eyelashes.

virtualmesh
05-01-2006, 01:47 AM
why model each eyelash individually? unless there's a real close up and your rendered frame is at a very high resolution then I could see reason for the added effort.

I would extrude the poly faces where the eyelash is to grow from (this would be the ends of your character's eyelid) then make the extruded faces a separate material ID and then add the strand details (and transparancy) via the material editor.

then when you blink the eye with the eyelid (or close them), your lashes will follow.

RALawrence
05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
virtualmesh,

At least one shot in the animation calls for a close-up on the character's eyes, so I wanted the individual eyelashes for that extra realism. Otherwise, what you suggested would work well.

Illusion, I'll try the skin wrap. Thanks for the help

Illusion-shadow
05-01-2006, 09:35 PM
I use the hair modifier that comes with max. What I do is I create a mesh to act as an emitter for the hair, (in this case I will clone the poly around the eyes and detach it) and skinwrap that mesh to the head mesh. It work pretty nice, the on'y down time is getting the eyeslashes to look right using the hair modifier, and the rendering time takes a bit longer.

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2006, 09:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.