PDA

View Full Version : lip synching and related stuff

Waha
04-24-2006, 06:06 AM
hi all, I am preparing my model to do some lip movement and I need some expert help to see if my model is made to lip synch and of course eyebrow movement for the first time

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Sakutaro/lipsynch.jpg

I am also thinking of using the nurbs wire(something along those lines) to lip synch instead of plugins some help would be nice

edited*

just for some info, he is suppose to be able to show anger and horror

JamSession
04-24-2006, 06:25 AM
as for the model I don't see anything too bad that will cause problems for lip sync, you can actually lip sync with any type of topolgy it will just be alot harder to get the correct deformations in the face. That is why it is always good to follow muscles.

As for actually lip syncing, I would prefer using Blend shapes. Duplicate the head a few times (however many expressions you want) then model the facial expressions you want. Add the blend shapes to your original mesh.

dunkelzahn
04-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Make a list of what movements you need, putting in blendshapes at the end can be quite hard. I also would use the sculpt geometry tool for the creation of the blendshapes, as well as a simple rig of the facial muscles, where joints can be translated along their axises to create believable contracions of muscles.

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2006, 09:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.