PDA

View Full Version : Simple Modeler Qn about naming items

Corn Dog
01-02-2003, 09:55 PM
I have downloaded an object that I am using to learn animation.

How do I make/name the polygons on a single layer an item, so that when I'm in Layout I can select the item from the current item list?

I've looked in the manual but haven't found what Im looking for :(

So I thought I'ld ask here.

Thanks in advanced.

leigh
01-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Just name your layer.
Press [CTRL+F5] to bring up your layers palette, and double click on the layer to name it :)

Corn Dog
01-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Hmmm... see that's the thing I have named the layer but when I sycronize Layout, the new layer doesn't appear in the current item list.

I've even removed the object from the layout and reloaded the new version, but this causes the loss of expressions that I had applied to items in the original version.

I'll keep fiddling around.

Ah I found a work around? I loaded the Object Layer from within Layout. Is this the expected method? I guess it makes sense now that I think about it but I thought everything in an object file would have been loaded in the scene.

Thanks Leigh you helped eliminate some uncertanties and encourage me to keep fiddling.

mohh
01-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Instead of removing your object just replace it.

From the Items tab> Replace > Replace with Object File.

This way you will keep everything that you've applied to it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.