PDA

View Full Version : webspace

PureBlizz
04-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Hi guys, sorry for being a bit offtopic, but I need some help, and I know there are a lot of resourcefull ppl in here =)

the thing is: Im planing to make a portifolio site for my cg's, but dont know where to host it.
I have my own domane name and the site is more or less finished using a joomla setup, but I have nowhere to put it... I can use imagehosters to host the pics, but I need atleast 10 mB diskplace supporting mySQL..

so the question is, do anyone here know of any free webhosts without adds?? I've been googeling a bit, but most sites have bunch of adds. and the rest dont suport anything..

anyone?

maX_Andrews
04-24-2006, 02:52 AM
you do NOT want to get a free webhost, because usually they will have your domain in some backslash directory and no one wants to visit a portfolio on some freehost site.

you can get basic hosting for just a few dollars per month, and there will be no ads and no hassle. You will also get a lot more space.

This host is $4/month and you get 10GB web space, they are also rated the number one web host of last year with 97% customer satisfaction: http://www.ixwebhosting.com

PureBlizz
04-24-2006, 05:13 AM
well... as I stated I allready have a domane name, so the adress will be pureblizz.info no mather what.... the few dollars a month arnt the broblem, I know a danish site that gives me 1GB for 1 dollar,whould be perfect, but there is the pritty stiff regestration fee... guess I have to consider it after all.

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2006, 05:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.