PDA

View Full Version : problem applying a texture file to model in Z

daydreameroperter
04-24-2006, 02:57 AM
quick question. When modeling in Z brush with the projection master for some wrinkle effects, there's a big box around the texture that I painted in Photoshop. why is this happening?

rustbucket
04-24-2006, 03:23 AM
It sounds to me that you dont have any softness on the alpha, which gives you those hard edges in PM. Go into the alpha bin and turn "rf" up to 10 or 15 (or until the edges become soft).

daydreameroperter
04-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey sorry but I don't know what "rf" is... But for some reason the last time i tried it, there were no box edges. I'm not sure why..But I actually have another question. In a tutorial I've seen, an artist actually rendered out a model, and then proceeded to paint colors on it. However on my model I can only seem to paint black and white with the simple brush unless the material has color..like wood. So does that mean each material in Z brush has its own color that can't be changed?

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2006, 11:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.