PDA

View Full Version : Weeping Faery (nudity)

Euphrosyne
04-23-2006, 11:18 PM
I decided to paint a picture of a faery with a broken wing. You will just have to guess how it might have happened. I am showing some of the work as I went along. Some of the painting went so fast that I didn't save the progress. I thought I better post before I got to far along for those who like to see the progress. Of course crits and comments are welcome. Thank you for stopping by to look.

Euphrosyne
04-24-2006, 12:20 AM
I have removed the drawing for fear that the nudity was offensive.

Euphrosyne
04-24-2006, 03:09 AM
This was originally posted as a nude. I received no comments so I was afraid it might be on the boaderline of being offensive. I decided to change it and clothe her to be on the safe side. Crits and comments are encouraged.

Euphrosyne
04-26-2006, 01:39 AM
I edited and updated this thread and took out the nudity. Forgot to do it as a reply so people could see the changes.

ThePhotographer
04-26-2006, 10:20 PM
I actually thought she looked cute without clothes, but perhaps a little bit disturbing - not to me, but perhaps to others. Anyway, I find that the dress will only make the image richer somehow.

The picture is starting off very, very well. I hope for something similar to your horse picture.

The composition looks good so far - it has all in all a lot of potential. Keep going !

secretasianman
04-27-2006, 01:50 AM
well i didn't see it when it did have the nudity, but ya did right with posting it had nudity in the title.

nude pics are not taboo, it is an everyday sort of thing. if artists were afraid of posting or seeing nude pics then there is something wrong. it is a big part of art.

people only post when they want, if it was offensive to anyone ya would have heard about it. alot of people glam up somethings and not others.

it all comes to taste.

Euphrosyne
04-27-2006, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the reply and I really appreciate your support.

Photographer - I liked it nude too, however as you suggested the clothes can add to the richness of the painting and tell more about the character. I really enjoyed looking at your portfolio, you really have a great since of capturing the character in your portraits.

Secretasianman - Thanks for your encouragement. The reason that I felt maybe I should change it is because some people are really sensitive about nude children especially full nudity. So rather than make someone possibly uncomfortable I decided as the photographer infered that clothes could enhance the character and tell more of a story of who she is. Thanks for writing and I will post more soon.

Euphrosyne
04-27-2006, 05:53 AM
I made a few changes and added a new character. Let me know what you think.

offbeatworlds
04-27-2006, 12:27 PM
This is coming along very well. One thing I think needs to be fixed though it the girls expression. Right now it looks as though she is smiling. It may be hesitant smiling, but it is smiling. I think it could be because the corner's of her mouth are curved up too much, thus creating the smiling effect. Just try to adjust those corners to improve the sense of weeping, and I think it would really help Great work by the way, I love your idea.

P.S. I didn't find her nudity offensive. I though it was sweet.

LordMcGoat
04-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I preffered it without the new character I think. If that big troll thing was ripping chunks off me, the last thing I'd be doing is standing around crying...

Euphrosyne
04-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Lord McGoat - you are probably right, about the running maybe she is just to stunned at the moment to run. The truth is I started the painting using a reference picture of an unhappy girl at her own birthday party, then all the other stuff just popped into my head as I was working out the composition. The troll was just an expiment since he is my first one. I appreciate your comments.

Sylanya - You are right I will try some changes there. I still have alot of work to do on the whole drawing too, you will probably see quite a few changes. Thank you for the suggestions and encouragement.

Euphrosyne
06-14-2006, 01:59 AM
It has been awhile since I worked on this. I can still use your input on how I might improve it. Thanks for taking a look and any comments you might like to make.

Euphrosyne
06-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Here is an update on this painting. I hope that someone will take a minute and give me a critque. I believe that I am getting close to finishing so if something looks off or need attention please let me know. Thank for looking everyone.

Salubri3i
06-17-2006, 01:15 AM
sorry i only saw this today.

however, i'd like to point out that the troll and maybe some parts of the faery need to be brought in with the rest of the picture(they appear floating).

at any rate... i love the whole concept and how you handled it. i think this painting is very meaningful. :thumbsup:

Euphrosyne
06-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Thank you for replying Ryan. I agree with you, I need to anchor her to the ground with a little grass brushing her feet and some other plants maybe. The troll needs some shadow behind him on the tree and and little softening on the edges. Thanks again.

Squibbit
06-17-2006, 08:09 AM
hehe, funny pic

poor fairy

yea you could paint a couple of separate leaves on the trees
too

Euphrosyne
06-19-2006, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the comments squib. I like the way you always push me to do better! I will try to give the trees a little more life. I really liked what you did with the Journey Begins Compition. You could be another Brothers Grim, you sure can come up with some pretty dark and fasinating stories.

YMS
06-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Hi there

(I might not know know what I'm talking about; these things just struck me.)

Perhaps the troll's right hand needs to stop so much light hitting the broken wing - it looks too bright under his fingers.

And I wondered if the troll's right ear needs to be as blurred as the background trees?

Very minor queries, though - wonderful job :)

Euphrosyne
06-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks Yvonne;

Glad you took the time to look it over. I think it will look better with some shadow from the hand.

Euphrosyne
06-20-2006, 07:18 AM
OK, I considered all of your wonderful suggestions and used most of them to make improvements to my painting. Thank you all! Last chance to help me catch any problems with the painting.

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2006, 07:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.