PDA

View Full Version : Making Clothes Conform

Ti22
04-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding cloths and skin, lets say I've got a model of a human, he/she is naked rite? cuz thats how I modelled him/her, now I want to put some cloths on, how do I make the cloths deform correctly when the skeleton's i've bound to the mesh?

Thx

gdimmrt
04-24-2006, 12:34 AM
Are you talking about cloth simulation or rigging the cloth along with the character?

Ti22
04-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Are you talking about cloth simulation or rigging the cloth along with the character?

I don't know thats why i am asking, which method is better. simlutating cloth or rigging the cloth along with the character?

Illusion-shadow
04-24-2006, 02:19 PM
That really depends on what kind of look and feel you want the cloth to look. If you want the cloth to react like real cloth, of course you want to use cloth simulation, but the simulation time is a bit crazy. If your character is more stylize, may be you want to just wrap the cloth mesh to your character, or set up a rig for it, but animating cloth is not all that fun.

I did a few animations where I combine both technique, (I am using Max, so I will be using max term) What I did was used the skin wrap modifier to wrap the cloth to the character, then I added the cloth modifier and made selection on parts when I just want the cloth to be simulate. It save a lot of simulation time doing it that way, and it prevent a lot of cloth intersection with the character, since a most of the cloth is skin.

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2006, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.