PDA

View Full Version : Rigging: cgSkin plugin install failure - looking for support

MichaelGeorge
04-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Greetings.

I am using 3ds Max 8 on a 2. ghz workstation with 2 gigs of ram running windows xp pro.
I have the turbo squid toolkit installed that includes ACT 1.6 pro.

I have been using the cg character tools like cgtube and cgmuscle with no problem.

I recently downloaded the cgskin demo and attempted installing it about 8 times.
I re-downloaded the program from both the cg character site and cgsociety.

I tried installing this software on 3 different machines with similar specs and still get the
same error messages as max loads in its plugins.

Apparently something in the cgskin.dlo is causing a division by zero error thang hangs MAX
and is stopping it from loading up. Once the cgskin.dlo is removed, max opens fine.

Again, I tested this many times on several different machines and get the same error.

It seems that there is some problem with the plugin.

However, after a diligent search of the internet, I am surprised not to see any mention of this problem anywhere.

I already emailed the support desk at cg character but haven't heard back yet (perhaps they are busy).

The plugin really sounds great and I am quite despondent that I can't get it to work.
I was prepared to buy it just from the description and avi examples alone.

I would be extremely qppreciative if some one could point me in the right direction with respect to how the solve this problem.

Thank you so much

Michael

virtualmesh
04-24-2006, 06:04 AM
put the cgskin.dlo file into a sub directory titled "!cgskin" or retitle the current installation folder !cgskin (note the exclaimation ! symbol before the cgskin) and set this folder name within the plugin path of 3dsmax.

someone found a solution that if the cgskin plugin is loaded first before ACT, the plugin would not post an error.

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2006, 06:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.