PDA

View Full Version : Static Background Image

2creative
04-23-2006, 08:47 AM
I have a perspective image of a room that I want to use as the backdrop of my character (Created in Maya). However, as it is a static jpeg image, it limits the dynamism of the movie.

I tried putting it on an imageplane...but if i try to change the camera angle, then the background image goes all awry. The visible background behind you also changes as the camera angle focussed on you changes. But with this single still image I'm not able to achieve that same real-world effect. I tried putting 3 different plans around the character and assigning the same image as material to them...trying to rotate the uv to fit the image accordingly...but did'nt quite work out.

Also, there is need to add fire effects (as the image contains lamp-stands) throughout the actual movie...which I plan to composite using AE.

Since I want to have different camera angles (below eye-level, side angle, mid-shot etc.) and also some closeups... can anyone please help me in solving this problem.

Thanks in advance.

2creative
04-27-2006, 06:12 AM
Well, I've tried another method. I took a poly sphere and mapped the image of the room onto it along with spherical mapping. But the image gets all distorted (as it is the perspective view of a room)...even if I try to change the settings. I then tried mapping it onto a poly cube with bevelled edges, but tht didn't work either.

Basically, I want to take different camera angle shots and hence placing an imageplane won't really help. I want to give it an illusion of a room/surrounding, with that one image. Hence am trying to project a 2d image such that it appears to be 3d.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2006, 06:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.