PDA

View Full Version : No flipping legs. Biped and Quad setup shared

NolanSW
04-23-2006, 05:27 AM
I thought I'd share a few setups I've been playing with and see what people think. Please excuse the poor skinning. I did it kind of quick for demonstration purposes.

I HATE polevectors with a passion and this was inspired by Setup Machine 2 but not as complicated.

I'm sharing this file that has a biped leg and a quadreped leg. Both are non-flipping legs. Previous non-flipping legs that I've seen use an attribute to affect the twist. Mine is a bit different in that I use a control to do it at the ankle.

You should see an attribute on the foot controls that will allow the knee to follow the foot.

Please feel free to make comments and/or suggestions.

If it sucks, tell me why. If it's smart and innovative tell me too. :cool:

File:
noFlipLegs.ma (http://snolan.net/uploads/noFlipLegs.ma)

Hope it's useful to some.

-Sean

instruct9r
04-23-2006, 08:43 AM
That's cool... i like it.. I dont have time to watch how you did the connections in the dependency graph, but its working fine..... COOL.

NolanSW
04-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks. Yea, if you go through the hpyergraph and see the connections, it's not too hard to replicate.

csc2h
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I really dig that setup - its very clean and simple and works wonderfully

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.