PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Johan Hiemstra

Mike Nuts
04-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Johan Hiemstra has entered "The Journey Begins Challenge (3D)".

Mike Nuts
04-23-2006, 08:48 PM
I just woke up from my wintersleep and noticed a 'new' CG challenge. Since I'm late I'll probably do what I've done so far with the challenges, and not finish in time, or at all. Nevertheless, I think it's a great topic for a challenge so hopefully I get the modeling part done.

Before looking at what everyone else is doing, I sketched a LONG arizona style desert highway going all the way to the horizon, with a turtle at the start who's not looking forward to walking the entire road, a sign with "Speed Limit 75", some bones from another animal, electricty/phoneline poles, a bunch of cactusses, and a row of mountains at the horizon. I figured the name "On the road again" would work well (after the song from ...., also quoted by Donkey in Shrek) for the image.

BUT, what's up with all the turtles?? ;) I wanted to be sure my concept was at least 'a bit' original, but a quick search for 'turtle' turned up over a page of results, though half of them are sea turtles... (some awesome looking turtles though!)

So... I'm not sure yet...

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2006, 08:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.