PDA

View Full Version : XSI Rigging Question...

Ducimus
04-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Ok you guys will have to forgive me but I have simly forgotten how to Rig, been concentrating solely on Modelling and Texturing, my memory eludes me...

What Im trying to do is get this door flap to open with the bone, the entire model is one object and I just forgot how to envelope the bone to just the area of the door and not the entire model...

Here is a pic...

http://usera.imagecave.com/Ducimus/Renders/Help.PNG

Ducimus
04-23-2006, 04:49 PM
I find it hard to beleive that no one has an answer or at least a link to give me a heads up...

BUMP

AdamBaroody
04-24-2006, 08:50 AM
It's a single object mesh? Or is it a "model" with multiple objects?

If its a single object mesh, you have to break up the peices. You dont need to envelope mechanical parts. You need to have that back flap a seperate object, and you parent it to the bone.

Ducimus
04-24-2006, 04:28 PM
It's multiple objects that I have merged togather to create 1 object... I know the method you speak of, but it there anyway of keeping the object as 1?

DaveMustain
04-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Did u try setting envelop for selected points or for a cluster contaning the points of the door flap??

if that didn't work...

try setting envelop for the whole door to 2 bones (nulls, implicits or wtever)...
weight the door flap to one bone and the rest of the geomtry to the other....
keep the second bone static and don't move it.

if that doesn't work...

try setting up a "cluster center" to selected points form the deform menu,
place a null where u want the door flap to pivot, select the door flap points,
go to model>>modify>>deform>>cluster center, then pick the Null.

I'd recommend the last method :)

AdamBaroody
04-25-2006, 05:39 PM
There is... but its not common practice to do what you're trying.

You could select the faces of the flap, cluster them, and then assign an envelope node.

Really it should be a seperate object though.

Ducimus
04-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Chers for the replys i'lll give these methods a try tonight and see what I come up with...

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2006, 07:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.