PDA

View Full Version : Strange C4d Rendering Engine

Jeet
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Dear friends,

I am surprised by my very basic scene...

Cinema 4d is liting the object (sphere) whish is behind the other object and not visible direclty from the light...

Have a look at the image and the scene which i have attached...

http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/7730/c4d2ne.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AutoLight is off.. still the sphere behind the box is litted.. and the light is very simple without any falloff...

Regards

JEet.

ThirdEye
04-22-2006, 03:21 PM
have you enabled the shadows?

Jeet
04-22-2006, 03:23 PM
yea i forgot to enable...

now its fine...

but still.. its a problem of visibility...

anyways, the problem solved...

many thanks...

regards

jeet.

ThirdEye
04-22-2006, 03:25 PM
but still.. its a problem of visibility...

that's simply how 3D apps work.

Jeet
04-22-2006, 03:27 PM
leaving maxwell.. some what... :)

regards

jeet.

JamesMK
04-22-2006, 03:36 PM
leaving maxwell.. some what... :)
True, but then again Maxwell works with entirely different algorithms by default than 99% of the render engines out there.

In any raytracer or scanline renderer, light will travel straight through objects unless you activate shadowcasting.

If you use luminous geometry instead of a light, and render with GI in Cinema, you'll get closer to what you expect. But that will cost some rendertime instead.

Jeet
04-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Very true...

Actually i was trying to create a sub surface scatering object for a studio.. in which the main spot lights are getting diffused by a cloth (SSS material).... like a professional jewelry photographer does...

REgards

JEet.

JamesMK
04-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Actually i was trying to create a sub surface scatering object for a studio.. in which the main spot lights are getting diffused by a cloth (SSS material).... like a professional jewelry photographer does...

I see. Try a very big arealight, activate inverse square falloff, check the option 'show in reflection' - and if you need the soft diffused shadowing, enable areashadows as well. With some tweaking, that might get the look you're after.

Jeet
04-22-2006, 03:59 PM
For your help...

I will try for sure...

Regards

JEet.

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2006, 03:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.