PDA

View Full Version : riggingpanel_UI interface

arunspooja
04-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi guys,
iam a starter in MEL UI, and i have made a MELscript to load all the rigging tools in one panel but in the script given below iam unable to create a frame layout in the nextcolumn i.e, i have created panels like "skeleton,skin,editsmoothskin.." but now i didnt want to continue in the same column, i want to create the next panel in the next column i.e, "editrigidskin" panel ,
i dont know how to do that.

can any one help me out from this problem.

window -title "RIGGING";

scrollLayout scrollLayout;

columnLayout -adjustableColumn true;

frameLayout -label "SKELETON" -labelAlign "top"

-borderStyle "in";

columnLayout;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "JOINT TOOL" -command ("JointTool");

button -label "*" -command ("JointToolOptions");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "IK_handletool" -command ("IKHandleTool");

button -label "*" -command ("IKHandleToolOptions");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "IK_splinehandletool" -command ("IKSplineHandleTool");

button -label "*" -command ("IKSplineHandleToolOptions");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "MirrorJoint" -command ("MirrorJoint");

button -label "*" -command ("MirrorJointOptions");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "OrientJoint" -command ("OrientJoint");

button -label "*" -command ("OrientJointOptions");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "DisconnectJoint" -command ("DisconnectJoint");

setParent..;

setParent..;

setParent..;

frameLayout -label "SKIN" -labelAlign "center"

-borderStyle "in";

columnLayout;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "Smooth Bind" -command ("SmoothBindSkin");

button -label "*" -command ("SmoothBindSkinOptions");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "Rigid Bind" -command ("RigidBindSkin");

button -label "*" -command ("RigidBindSkinOptions");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "DetachSkin" -command ("DetachSkin");

button -label "*" -command ("DetachSkinOptions");

setParent..;

setParent..;

setParent..;

frameLayout -label "Edit_SB" -labelAlign "center"

-borderStyle "in";

columnLayout;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "AddInfluence" -command ("AddInfluence");

button -label "*" -command ("AddInfluenceOptions");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "remInfluence" -command ("RemoveInfluence");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "setmax_Inf" -command ("SetMaxInfluences");

setParent..;

rowColumnLayout -nr 1;

button -label "Paint_SkinWT" -command ("ArtPaintSkinWeightsTool");

button -label "*" -command ("ArtPaintSkinWeightsToolOptions");

setParent..;

setParent..;

setParent..;

showWindow;

Mikademius
04-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Ok, I wrote a script for you that does what you're asking for. You can simply edit it for your needs :)

Here it is:
http://www.final3.com/backup/ma_cgTalk_UICreation.mel

(RightClick it to download...)

I have written comments inside the script at the right places for you, but if there's anything you'd like to know you can just ask here.

Also take a look at the mel tutorial at my site to pick up a trick or two :)

arunspooja
04-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Thankyou sir, i have got clear explanation from that file. Now i have a doubt, i.e, if iam going on creating framelayout and setting parent to the column lay out, the framelayout is creating one after the other but what i need is, i want to create 3framelayouts in one column and another 3frame layouts in 2nd column and so on..

for eg..
(its creating like this)
frame layout skeleton
frame layout skin
frame layout smoothbind

frame layout rigidbind
and so on

(i want to create like this)
(1stcolumn) (2ndcolumn)
frame layout skeleton frame layout rigidbind
..... .......
frame layout skin frame layout paintskin
... .......
frame layout skinbind and so on
and so on

I think you can understand what my doubt is

Mikademius
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Then you can use a rowColumnLayout with -nc 2 and create the framelayouts below this one. I can't remember if you can create a rowColumn directly (changing the current mainColumn to rowColumn) or if you have to create one direclty below the column.

You can also create column-> rowColumn-> column->frame, frame, frame ->setParent to rowColumn->column-> frame, frame, frame...

I uploaded how the two will look.

arunspooja
04-28-2006, 04:51 AM
good morning

Thanks for the info.

now i can get an idea about the layouts by seeing the pictures. But i dont know how to place it in a single window. ie, placing all the layouts in one window in a separate position. This will give a clear idea about how to form a layout and to place buttons and scrollbars and so on...

when you are practising UI you would have made some rough panels to understand the concept of layouts. If you have any rough layout works kindly post it.

Because practicing more on layouts, make me easy to customize my panels as i expect.

so kindly post it

I have another one problem that is, i have added one popup menu to a button and in that menuitem i want 2menu items to be attached and displayed as one menu item.

for eg. In maya panels if you see any tools which has options attached it.(polygontool and options, jointtool and jointtool options ......

If i right click on a button, it should list 3menuitems with their options attached to each of it.

I have tried to attach both menuitems but it shows error"the items parent menu does not allow option boxes"

give an example to it.

Mikademius
04-28-2006, 10:11 AM
when you are practising UI you would have made some rough panels to understand the concept of layouts. If you have any rough layout works kindly post it.

When I have an idea for a script I go away from the computer and start sketching using pen and paper. Then I figure out which layouts I need to create what I just sketched down. ( unless I'm just writing a quick script of course )

Most of the times I use columnLayouts, rowColumnLayouts, frameLayouts and formLayouts.
You should check these ones out in the maya documentation to get a better idea of how they work.

Did you read my mel tutorial? 'cause there I actually do this, I sketch one up and then create it.

I have another one problem that is, i have added one popup menu to a button and in that menuitem i want 2menu items to be attached and displayed as one menu item.

for eg. In maya panels if you see any tools which has options attached it.(polygontool and options, jointtool and jointtool options ......

If i right click on a button, it should list 3menuitems with their options attached to each of it.

I have tried to attach both menuitems but it shows error"the items parent menu does not allow option boxes"

I don't quite understand...

Could you provide me with the code you have so far so I can take a look at it?

arunspooja
04-28-2006, 12:15 PM
If you execute the attached file, i want to make some changes but it is showing errors
I'll list out that

1. I want skeleton to be in onetab and constraint in another tab and skin in next tab....
simply one frame layout in one tab.

2. In Edit_smooth framelayout, i want to add some more menus but i cant add more than 2menus.

3. And if i right click a "button" i want it to show some menus, as you click a menu bar showing its menuitem, is it possible.

and iam attaching the file.

Mikademius
04-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Here is a way to do it. Comments are in the scriptfile.
You also got the theory on some layouts wrong. You often use setParent too much. You also need to play more with rowColumn and columns.

and once again... Did you read the mel tutorial on my site?

arunspooja
05-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Thank you

I have completed 1 panel successfully with you help.

And iam also practicing a lot to get clear about layouts.

Now i have a doubt in melscripting.

ie, if i select a object which is already smoothened. Its smoothness has to be removed and the objects history have to be deleted and again it should go to its previous smoothness.

So i want to create a mel, and this to happen for any object that i select.

arunspooja
If you know any Mel Scripting reference site specify it.

That will be useful for me to learn the scripts from the basic

CGTalk Moderation
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.