PDA

View Full Version : EIAS Update 6.5

bronco
04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
The update to 6.5 has been put online here:

http://www.eitechnologygroup.com/support/updates.html (http://www.eitechnologygroup.com/support/updates.html)

nice spalsh screen, btw.

Vizfizz
04-21-2006, 03:06 PM
You beat me to it!

Vizfizz
04-21-2006, 03:16 PM
No FBX export? Hmmm... that's disappointing. (Unless I'm missing something)

bronco
04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
hmm, seems like i have problems opening projects from 6.5r2!
it takes about 10x longer to open old projects.
has anybody the same problem?

win xp sp2
2gb ram

Vizfizz
04-21-2006, 03:24 PM
So far, I'm not noticing that on the Mac side.

Vizfizz
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
For those of you interested here's the list of improvements:

1. Improved Weight maps for FBX importing. Automatically assigned to bones.
2. FBX project merging.
3. FBX animation data import added.
4. Basic material colors are imported with fbx geometry.
5. Local FBX scaling and inheritance mode added.
6. Progress bars added for fbx importing.
7. New shortcut keys to navigate the hierarchy. (Pick walking within a model)
8. Cancel fbx import fixed.
9. Camera FOV and Aspect Ratios for fbx import fixed.
10. Gell pull down menu no longer extends beyond edge of illuminator info window.

Not exactly a HUGE update. Great for FBX users sans FBX exporting. :(

halfworld
04-21-2006, 04:09 PM
No probs opening 6.5r2 projects for me either....

Also, I'm no interface designer (well, I am, but that's besides the point) but using the left and right keys to go up and down, seems to be rather bizarre and un-natural!?

Better to add a modifier (say shift) and then use up and down.... Me thinks....

Too late now though,
Ian

Edit/ possible explenation: There could be a limit on the number of keys you can press at the same time.... I seem to remember their being a PC (or classic) issue like that from when I was learning to code...

sacslacker
04-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I seem to be having a problem where I have to "end task" EIAS when I close it now. Anyone having a problem like that?

bronco
04-21-2006, 05:01 PM
hey, problem solved. 6.5 is great, it was a user error.
i accidentialy upped the division for a uberplane to 1000, instead of 100.
my second testproject was quite large, so took a while to load (in 6.5r2 the same, i simply forgot how long it took).

so, all good, no harm done. ;)

bronco
04-21-2006, 05:04 PM
I seem to be having a problem where I have to "end task" EIAS when I close it now. Anyone having a problem like that?

if you are on windows, this is the same for me for some time now. it's not allways, just sometimes. it's annoying, but not really a problem.
if you are on a mac, i am no help here, sorry

sacslacker
04-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Yep, I'm on Windows, sorry I didn't specify that. Is there a place I can log bugs for this type of thing. It's definitely no big deal but I think EIAS should close gracefully when you close the application. For a new user it gives the impression that the application isn't stable which I'm happy to say isn't true at all.

Nice new FBX Support so that's cool.

Reuben5150
04-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Yep, I'm on Windows, sorry I didn't specify that. Is there a place I can log bugs for this type of thing. It's definitely no big deal but I think EIAS should close gracefully when you close the application. For a new user it gives the impression that the application isn't stable which I'm happy to say isn't true at all.

Nice new FBX Support so that's cool.

That problems been around since EI first landed on Windows, but apparently it is a quicktime issue. :shrug:

Reuben

sacslacker
04-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Wow, thats pretty interesting. I hope they fix it, but if it's been around for a while I guess the problem would be low priority. I'd hate to think that people who demo this on Windows would lose faith because everytime they close the application they get a critical error type thing.

The first time I saw it I was like "Oh hell no, tell me that didn't just corrupt my scene or something". It didn't of course but if you're a Maya user like, me and see an error like that. There's a good bet that if you didn't have incremental saves set, you were in for a night of hell!

Oh well, that's the way it goes I guess. =)

AVTPro
04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
For those of you interested here's the list of improvements:

1. Improved Weight maps for FBX importing. Automatically assigned to bones.

5. Local FBX scaling and inheritance mode added.
:(

I haven't checked it out yet but if anyone has a problem with the tutorial files"Pupil" fbx on the EI site. I will up a new one or email me directly. The slideshow movie should be fine but there were some changes in this build that may cause scaling issues in my old rig. I have a bad transform node affecting the model geometry and hip bone.

http://homepage.mac.com/avtpro5/iMovieTheater40.html

I will up Pupil because it's still a learner but not Lovita. That's over and done with.

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.