PDA

View Full Version : Tv Connection To Pc

hamed
01-02-2003, 02:28 AM
Hi all,

I wish you a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Recently I want to connect 2 TV to my computer,But I dadly confused,
If anyone out there give me full details about this question :
How can I connect 2 Tv with a compter?How about additional accessories I will need ?

Looking for your good news.

elvis
01-02-2003, 05:39 AM
you will need a video card with a TV-out connector. these usually come in the form of a SVHS (9-pin) or RCA connector (1 hole).

there are a number of 3d cards on the market with tv-out abilities. it is typically clearly marked on the packaging or manufacturer's wesbite. simply turn your computer on, and plug the tv in through the connector. using the software provided with your card, choose the television as an output, making sure you choose the right output type for your region (PAL/NTSC/SECAM etc).

Speed Racer
01-03-2003, 05:12 AM
Actually it is S-Video (not S-VHS which is a VCR tape format) and it is normally just the standard 4 pin DIN connector on a lot of graphics cards.

Other graphics cards the do AV I/O use a 6 to 9 pin DIN connector that is sometimes plug compatible with a 4 pin male S-Video cable but may also let them add video input as will as audio I/O. These additional connections are broken out by an external pod or breakout box of some sort.

There are also smaller adapters that breakout just the 4 pin S-Video if the > 4 pin port isn't compatible with the normal S-Video cable and if all you need is the S-Video output access.

CgFX
01-03-2003, 06:09 AM
This is correct except for most Quadro.

Quadro 7x0 and 9x0 XGL cards have a 3-pin DIN for active stereo shutter glasses instead of supporting s-video out with a 4-pin DIN in the same spot.

The Quadro exception is the newly announced 380 XGL which has s-video out instead of stereo glasses support.

elvis
01-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Speed Racer
Actually it is S-Video (not S-VHS which is a VCR tape format)
hahaha i'm a goose!

sorry about that. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.