PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Wings

doedoe
04-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have any experiance rigging wings ?? I have to rig a dragon character and am having a darn hard time!

Any info at all is appreciated.

stewartjones
04-20-2006, 01:22 PM
I think it really depends on the model you're working with, what it's purpose is, and what features you want in it.

Maybe post up a screenshot, and some thoughts as to how you want it to move, what controls/features etc?!?!

Illusion-shadow
04-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I think mostly you will us a FK system, but then it really depends on what feature you want. May be FK with the Pen Custom attribute slider, that way, you can save your wing position just like your finger.

PEN
04-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Some one asked this recently and a link to another thread here was posted and solutions by Paul Hormis (One of the best in the business) were in that thread. Search for Pauls posts and I think that you will find lots of information on the subject.

Cactus Dan
04-24-2006, 03:09 AM
Howdy,

Well, a dragon's wing might be sort of like a bat's wing, and that could be rigged just like an arm and hand. If the software you're using has a cloth simulator, you could use that for the wing's membrane.

Here's an example: http://www.cactus3d.com/BatwingRig.mov

Adios,
Cactus Dan

pboduch
04-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Jesus Christ, you people are good.

That wing sim is fantastic.

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2006, 02:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.