PDA

View Full Version : Beta testers wanted! Inquire within....

Vizfizz
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
A new set of plugins are coming called "Trestle" and "Scrim".

Public beta discussion opening soon.

BJMonkey
04-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I'd love to beta test... I'm guessing it's lofting within animator?

DickM
04-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I wonder if you can draw those curves directly in EIAS or do you have to import them?

Vizfizz
04-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Hmmmmmm.....

I wonder. :)

worx3d
04-20-2006, 10:08 PM
what is required to become beta tester? I'd like to...

Joel

Vizfizz
04-20-2006, 10:20 PM
1. Express an interest: You have.

2. Have a current copy of EIAS 6.5r2.

3. Be willing to participate in open public conversation about the plugins' development online. Participation is extremely important.

4. Provide examples of your work through still and animated images uploaded to the yet to be posted home thread.

Details on the nature of Trestle and Scrim are forth coming. Stay tuned.

sacslacker
04-20-2006, 11:41 PM
If noobs are allowed to test, I'd be interested. I've just started to free up to where I can spend some time in the application.

Vizfizz
04-21-2006, 05:46 AM
How are you coming along with EIAS? Learning anything new?

bronco
04-21-2006, 06:14 AM
hi, if you still search for testers, i have some time in the near future to spare.

richardjoly
04-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Never beta tested anything aside from raising kids...
I'd give it a go if you still need someone.

sacslacker
04-21-2006, 06:40 PM
How are you coming along with EIAS? Learning anything new?

I'm definitely getting there now. This is funny but I stopped playing with the application to read the manual. That really makes a difference... Ha!

Ya know, little discoveries like the Project Window and World Info Window really make life easier. Ha! I don't feel like I'm playing with the app as much as using it now. I still have a way to go because I've just be working on stills for a client so I need to get into the animation tools. From what I've read, it shouldn't be too much trouble but just like anything, you don't know for sure until you try.

Like I said, I'm a noob to EIAS so I'm probably not the ideal candidate but hey, I'll help anyway I can. =)

worx3d
04-21-2006, 07:38 PM
1. Express an interest: You have.

Yes I have :)

2. Have a current copy of EIAS 6.5r2.

I have it...

3. Be willing to participate in open public conversation about the plugins' development online. Participation is extremely important.

Sure thing.. :)

4. Provide examples of your work through still and animated images uploaded to the yet to be posted home thread.

hmmm... ok, I will :D

Details on the nature of Trestle and Scrim are forth coming. Stay tuned.

looking forward to it... :)

Igors
04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi, gentlemen

Let us explain what we want/expect from beta-testers.

1. Beta-tester needs "to be here". We don't require from you to be fully/whole dedicated to a beta product, that's fully clear that each of us have his projects that ultimately require his attention, time and efforts. However, we hope you've a some space in your timeline for our beta. If a beta-tester "disappears from view" during several weeks, then this beta-tester is not interested for us. Don't forget: you test betas, we test beta-testers :)

2. Beta work itself. Let's talk about concrete products coming. Here the focus is the new tools' responsiveness, flexibility and operativness. Simply concentrate on "how it can be usable in my projects". Don't hesitate to post an image cause it's "too banal". As you see from posted samples, such results can be achieved with several ways in modelers etc. However, our goal is a fast and operative their creation inside EI.

3. Feature propositions. They are welcome, but.. require some flexibility :) If a feature is cool but needs a several months to implemet, then, most probably, such feature will be refused. Same as a feature requires another host (like interactive editiing). Same as a feature "for my taste only". Same as a feature with not enough clear results/consequences. But don't be confused too much - cool features always come from real practice, just it's not so simple as it looks first :)

There are enough "beta-vacancies" for all who asked in this thread, but, sorry, no more. Please think again (in view of text above) and if Ok, confirm your participation with private message to Brian. The betas will be sent to you next week

SteveW928
04-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Like I said, I'm a noob to EIAS so I'm probably not the ideal candidate but hey, I'll help anyway I can. =)

Just my opinion... but I think this is often what is missing from many Beta teams. If you only have expert users looking at your product, they seem to be very good at workarounds and miss a lot of problems the average user might have with the product or understanding its interface. By having a beginner or two on the beta team, many of these things are discovered that the expert users would miss.

So, I'm not in charge... but I would think you would have a LOT to offer as a Beta tester.

-Steve

Vizfizz
04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I have no problems at all with "New" or "Experienced" users beta testing plugins. :) All are welcome.

So far, the following people have private messaged me about being on the beta team.

Uwe Kerpan
Ian Waters

Several others have expressed interest in participating. If you wish to be on the team, please send me a private message with:

Your dongle number and platform preference.

We have two more positions available maybe three if I twist the Igors' arm hard enough.

I will be posting a new thread about the details of the plugins soon.

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.