PDA

View Full Version : AE templates

edkats
04-20-2006, 07:49 AM
There are a banch of AE tamplates that do not automaticly load into Maya. For example the AEsamplerInfoTemplate.mel shows up fine in under Utilities, but AEaddDoubleLinearTemplate.mel does not. How would I go about making it available?
I also noticed that there is a multDoubleLinear node listed in the maya help, however it is not in any of my script folders. What should I do if I need to use that node?

Thank You!

Robert Bateman
04-20-2006, 01:52 PM
There are a banch of AE tamplates that do not automaticly load into Maya. For example the AEsamplerInfoTemplate.mel shows up fine in under Utilities, but AEaddDoubleLinearTemplate.mel does not.

works fine here. You might want to try re-installing.

How would I go about making it available?

re-install.

I also noticed that there is a multDoubleLinear node listed in the maya help, however it is not in any of my script folders. What should I do if I need to use that node?

createNode multDoubleLinear;

the AE template will default to displaying it's attributes in the extra attributes section. Alternatively, you could always add your own AE template for it in your scripts directory

global proc AEmultDoubleLinearTemplate ( string $nodeName )
{
// Ideally we want a scroll bar down the side of the attribute editor,
// it looks nice ;)
editorTemplate -beginScrollLayout;

// We will create a simple frame layout that will house our controls
// for our custom node. This just makes it all kinda tidy...
editorTemplate -beginLayout "multDoubleLinear" -collapse 1;
editorTemplate -addControl "input1";
editorTemplate -addControl "input2";
editorTemplate -endLayout;

// This will add the standard UI controls for the node
editorTemplate -addExtraControls;

// finish the scroll layout
editorTemplate -endScrollLayout;
}

edkats
04-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Thank You!

The "createNode multDoubleLinear;" works fine, but if I clear selection I have no way of finding it, unless I remember the name and select using a command prompt. Is there any way of having it show up?

Even though I can create it using the createNode command, I can not find it in any of the script folders. I am wondering were does maya source it from. If I could find the source I might be able to add a line like:
AEswatchDisplay $nodeName;

may be that would do the trick?

Thanks Again!

Robert Bateman
04-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Is there any way of having it show up?

yeah, you can create sading nodes using the shaderNode command rather than create node.

shadingNode -asUtility multDoubleLinear;

the node created should now be visible in the hypershade.

Even though I can create it using the createNode command, I can not find it in any of the script folders. I am wondering were does maya source it from. If I could find the source I might be able to add a line like:
AEswatchDisplay $nodeName;

may be that would do the trick?

it doesn't source it because it doesn't exist! There is no AE template for multDoubleLinear. If you save the script i posted as AEmultDoubleLinearTemplate.mel in your scripts dir (my documents/maya/scripts/). After a restart of maya, it should pick up the script and use that as the AE template. Adding the AEswatchDisplay will add the little shader swatch (which may or may not be a material sample, it may just be a node icon).

edkats
04-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks a lot

it doesn't source it because it doesn't exist! There is no AE template for multDoubleLinear.

So does that basically means that the multDoubleLinear is imbedded in to maya source code?

Robert Bateman
04-23-2006, 04:52 PM
there is no source code for it, because it does not exist! It's not embedded anywhere, because it does not exist!

Maya knows about a nodes attributes, so if the AE templae is not there, it just lists the attrs. The AE template just allows you to format the controls in a slightly nicer way. If maya finds a specific AE template, it'll use it. If it can't find an AE template, it's not really a big deal, it'll still list the attrs....

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2006, 04:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.