PDA

View Full Version : pathdeformer/meshdeformer install?

Simon Wicker
04-19-2006, 07:25 PM
i'm having a problem getting pathdeformer and meshdeformer from renato tarabella to show up in my plug-ins menu on my PC at work. i have loaded the plugs and placed the key file in my cinema folder and when i check my console it tells me that the plugs have loaded correctly. however nothing appears in the plug-in menu?

i've done the usual thing, removed other plugs in case of an ID clash, dumped my preferences folder, etc., rebooted, etc.

i searched here at cgtalk and found an old post from mike abbott who had the same problem:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=204519&highlight=path+deformer

but he didn't mention if or how he fixed this. any help would be much appreciated, pulling my hair out about this.

cheers, simon w.

Simon Wicker
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM
well replying to myself I discovered that I was actually expanding the zip file incorrectly so all the .res files were floating loose in the main folder and this was confusing things. i re-expanded the plug-ins using win-zips extract to folder option and everything is working fine.

phew.

oh, and sorry to mike abbott, i've sent you several frantic e-mails about this thinking you might have THE answer for me (deadlines freak me out somewhat).

cheers, simon w.

Mike Abbott
04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
No problem - you'll find a couple of replies in your in-box :)

Glad you got it sorted.

Mike

RenatoT
04-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi All,

this is my fault, was better make a pathdefomer directory inside the zip :(

Cheers
Renato T.

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2006, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.