PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me break in?

LordYakuza
04-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi, Im recently discovered this site and I am very impressed by all the professional artists who display their work. I would love to be able to create great images like the ones i have seen so far but Im pretty much clue less as to where to start...I dont have a computer or lap top I know very little about art software, this is my plea for help from my fellow artists that may have been at this spot in their lives. Just somebody...anybody help me

Mu
04-20-2006, 01:59 PM
as a beginner, a pencil and a piece of paper will do.

As long as you can scan in and post what you did you should be fine with getting critique. I suggest you start at the Beginner's Lounge (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=297229) doing the assignments you find in that thread using reference that is linked there.

have fun!

Rebeccak
04-21-2006, 06:46 PM
LordYakuza,

Hey there, welcome aboard! :) Do you have any artistic experience at all? It's my personal belief that anyone can learn with time and hard work.

I agree with Mu that the Beginner's Lounge is the best place to start. You are free to post traditional work to any of the threads on the Anatomy Forum.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Zephyrpower
05-07-2006, 11:49 AM
I agree with both of the people above. A lot of people tell me that can't draw but over time, if you practice a good bit, I believe anyone can have decent traditional art skills! Some people may have the innate ability to do it with a lot less struggle, but it's a skill that mostly comes with time and practice!

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2006, 11:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.