PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian

balaart
04-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Hello friends !

this piece of painting was done using Photoshop with a mouse ! i would appriciate if i can get some valuable C&C for this work.

regards

BALA

http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/213562/213562_1145283855_submedium.jpg

cuddlesmcsavage
04-19-2006, 05:19 PM
a mouse? thats great work considering! all the anatomy and proportions seem in order, all it really needs to you to work into it with detail and eventually get it sharper. looking forward to seeing the finished product!

ThePhotographer
04-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I find it looks good, but you should really get yourself a tablet - you'd be able to do much better which would mean something like fabulous !

balaart
04-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Thank you friends for the comments ! yes i am in the process of getting a tablet ! meanwhile just tried my hand on photoshop ! otherwise i am a traditonal painter and acrylics is my fav medium, so tried to get the same feel in the digital form.

i like raw srtokes in my painting so wont be able to render it in photoreal !

anyway it feels nice to know what other artists think of my work !

thanks

please keep em coming !

Simon
04-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Sharpen around the mouth and get some ikkle details in!

great work! :thumbsup:

cuddlesmcsavage
04-24-2006, 04:25 PM
if you like having painterly strokes etc, you should have-at it with painter. tis awesome.

balaart
04-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi Simon as an artist i like raw strokes( painterly strokes) then a detailed work(photo realistic)

any ways thanks a lot for the comments...

U r perfectly right Christopher ... i'm going to try painter too...

thanks

please keep em coming !

Runecaster
04-29-2006, 11:59 PM
this is great! I was totally expecting something else with the title Barbarian, what a great surprise :)

I agree with most of the crits so far, just touch up with the details to make it a tad more crisp to 'pop' -- but honestly, this looks very good!!

balaart
05-01-2006, 04:15 AM
Hi Renee Bailey :)

as i told earlier i dont like photo realistic stuff... thats y i didnt put much details...

any ways thanks a lot for ur critics...

balaart
06-08-2006, 06:07 PM
please keep em coming !

bala.

pap87
06-09-2006, 08:37 AM
We know you aren't going for photorealism, that's fine, all they are trying to say is for it to be not so blurry so as to be nicer to look at. It can still have crisper edges without making it look photorealistic (believe me it takes a lot more than sharp edges and details to make something look photorealistic). It's just a suggestion to make it even better, but still sticking to your style.

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2006, 08:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.