PDA

View Full Version : UVChooser usage

joie
04-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi Guys;

I canīt find the way to use different UVs coordintes fo feed two different 2D textures in a shading group..., I searched for the UVChooser node but I donīt understand how to use it...

Anyone knows how is it used?, Iīd be greatful.

Thankīs in advance.

P.S.: If you know of another method to make it happen Iīm open to hear about it.

joie
04-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Nevermind.., Iīve found the way to go...

cpan
04-19-2006, 11:40 AM
there are a lot of methods but here i found a way to achieve this using mr vertex color (maya 7+) and the condition node:

paint the geometry with distinct colors for every part you want to put a different texture - i use colors with 0.1 V, 0.2 V, 0.3 V, etc.

then with the mentalrayVertexColors node extract the vertex color and plug it's V in the condition.firstTerm. Then in the second term type 0.1 to atach the fallowing texture to the 0.1 V vertex color. Now plug your texture in the colorIfTrue and on the colorIfFalse plug the other texture (in case you have only two textures) or plug another condition and repeat the algo...

hope it's clear enough eheh :)

coccosoids
04-19-2006, 01:24 PM
clever :)
keep it up

joie
04-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Yasho, your technique sounds interesting but Iīm confused, in that method you only have one UV map donīt you?, please, explain it more, because I need two (or more) UV sets..., the uvChooser works great, but its usage is a bit strange...

Thankīs for the reply.

cpan
04-19-2006, 06:06 PM
yes only one uv map... the technique is someting like using a switch node, but based on the vertex color instead of different geometry :)

to be more specific you paint different vertex colors on the mesh and then at rendering switch those colors with textures ;)

cgtriguy
04-19-2006, 10:13 PM
joie - try the method that is described in this thread.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=343099

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2006, 10:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.