PDA

View Full Version : |l jmBoekestein scribblings l|

Pages : [1] 2

jmBoekestein
04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
WIP's and speedpaints by Jan Mark Boekestein aka JM / jmBoekestein, and occasionally 'JM says:'

Decided to create a 'new' thread, since my last one has practically every link broken. I'll be putting up WIP's in order to hopefully get some feedback. And I'll probably put stuff I paint on a general bases in here.

I feel obliged to put a little
nudity warning
in here, since you can never know who's watching.

Otherwise hope to be making a lot of new pics soon, have to get myself resettled first but then it should roll on ahead.

A little background info for the curious...
I've been getting serious with the painting affair, so all critique most welcome. Been at it for about 3/4 of a year. But I'm making progress enough I feel, could be faster but not sure how much discipline I could acquire.
I'm currently practicing on greyscales without colour. I Hope to understand more about general light behavior, without getting distracted. Colouring is, however, on my shortlist. Along with landscapes and 'effects' experimentation. I do want to keep things realistic but I tend to enjoy to stretch some elements, for instance fog or a halo of bouncing light. Ah well, just getting on with it before I jammer anyone to death

offbeatworlds
04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Yay! More paintings from Jan-Mark! :D

jmBoekestein
04-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Thanks you :)

Ok, after seeing beaux's girl on bear, I remembered a really cool comic. It had horned humanoids and a lot of fantasy stuff. I kinda figured since I got a thing with humans living with beasts or just a higher nature, I should go ahead and try.

Been fidgetting with the lighting for hours so any advice is very welcome. Can't get my head around it. Also can't figure out why I can't paint the head on right. SHe'll be riding a gargantuous bull type creature. :)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/queen_of_beasts_003.jpg

edit: quickly changed the arm and some contrasting issues... :blush:

adrianospm
04-21-2006, 02:45 AM
i have made some rough changes to yor sketch.
When i cant find the words to explaine i draw, i hope its ok.. otherwise il stop.

Hope this helps though

jmBoekestein
04-21-2006, 02:51 AM
I see what you mean, the intent however is not to add too much specularity, the lighting you see in above picture is only some moon and starlight, very minimal. SHininess will be added later on.

Good point though, I'm going to try and define the lighting better. :)

adrianospm
04-21-2006, 02:55 AM
It wasent really ment to be specular.
But it turned out to be a kind of cool effect.

adrianospm
04-21-2006, 02:58 AM
Otherwise i really like the suttle effect of the light, i understand how hard and time consuming it must be to not over do it and get that ambient effect, really cool

jmBoekestein
04-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Hahah thanks! And thanks for taking the time to help :D. Not common lately.

I think if you press f5 you can see the new version, force it to reload. I think you got my old image still in cache, renewed once.

Wait till you see her eyes. I'll hopefully manage a gaze to break the cries of wolves. :)

:wip:

adrianospm
04-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Just one thing i noticed now, isent she very tall in proportion to the rest of her bodie.
From thre top of her brests to where the neck begins?

i think thats why the head is so hard to do.

Cheers!

jmBoekestein
04-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Thanks again, you're right I think. I tend to do that when I want them to look more 'natural', I just think it's more scary to see a somewhat matured wild woman. Instinct stuff, heheh.

Ok so far this is all I got, been distracted and started too late this evening. And, in fact, I forgot to buy more coffee. Crap... :banghead:

lol

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/queen_of_beasts_005.jpg

frostblade
04-22-2006, 08:00 AM
With the arm, I think you need to define the bend. Sharper edges, and the forearm needs to have a straighter edge and a bit darker than ther upper arm so it doesn't look like it's bending outwards.

The Chest, it's really good that you didn't make her look like she's miss implants but that dark line in the middle looks a little off... maybe too long and dark. You might want to adjust the alignment of the bottom part to suit the angle of the shoulders too...or adjust the shoulders :)

Lastly I love how you did the mouth :)

Keep up the good work!

jmBoekestein
04-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the pointers Frostblade, I now realise it's too early in on this image to be posting it. But I just get panicked at times. hahahah... back to work now. Her chest will be more readable, it's a tough part. I'm going for the sixties style non wonder bra wilderness woman, just 'plump' enough to obscure her muscles. I imagine that's how a 'femme sauvage' would be.

:beer:

jmBoekestein
04-23-2006, 07:53 AM
For the soul gratification of trying different faces and angles for her head (and some booze) I've been working all night. I do like the head in close up, but just think the whole looks off.

Waddah yah say, any critique. It's most welcome...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/queen_of_beasts_011.jpg

frostblade
04-23-2006, 02:13 PM
ok, now you have killed the boob... it looks looks bit strange...
something to do with the rib cage shape and nipples pointing in different directions. Maybe you should paint the arm on a different layer to turn it off to make sure what is under it looks right.

the face is looking real nice... maybe just a bit more constast inside the parted lips :)

adrianospm
04-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Yes now its coming together nicely. The heads good, it has personality

jmBoekestein
04-23-2006, 03:50 PM
You think? Well I was tipsy, could be...
I'll check in an hour, lol.

Thanks again peeps!!!

jmBoekestein
04-24-2006, 02:41 AM
I think you were right, changed it a bit, and added a lower leg, I want to get started on the rest now, so I can get some image dynamics going, see if it'll work. :)

This foot really drove me over the edge, never draw these.

bleh...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/queen_of_beasts_014.jpg

lanternkid
04-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Mouu, I haven't been here for ages so didn't know you started a new thread. Shall alter subscriptions accordingly :) Cheers~

I really like the subtle tones on the face, it looks awesome~!

jmBoekestein
04-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey hey!!! Nice to see you back! Thanks for keeping an eye out :). And for the compliment, to be honest I was trying to tweek the face just now :blush:, I have the distinct feeling the lighting is different than on the rest of her, it shoould come more from the left. Now I'll wait (thankfully) untill some hair's in there... :)

Runecaster
04-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Jim I think this is really really good. I can't wait to see the rest of this piece :) I love her expression. You don't want to mess with this woman.

jmBoekestein
04-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the compliment! I hope to finnish it properly, haven't finished many yet, i fact only one lol.

btw, the name's Jan Mark, no harm done.

jmBoekestein
04-25-2006, 12:33 AM
I was so nervous about something I have to do tomorrow I couldn't stop on this. Sort of therapuetic :). So I added belly musculature and tried refining the upper leg.

Tomorrow I hope I'll finally get to the rest of the image and compositions etc.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/queen_of_beasts_016.jpg

offbeatworlds
04-25-2006, 12:49 AM
I have to agree with frostblade, Jan-Mark. Her chest isn't quite right. Her breast are falling to far and bring to low. You need to start them a little higher. Even with your awesome prespective point, they would be that long. I'm not rightly sure how to explain it but they are too....long I guess. Right now, you have the bottoms of her breast aligned with her elbows, and the elbows generally are at the same height as the waist/bellybutton. Also her ribcage is sticking out more than would be comfortable, even if she had a big chest. I think that if you push her rib cage in and raise her breast, it would look even more awesome than it already does.

Other than that, her face is gorgeous, very strong yet feminine. I love her pose and I can't wait to see more work! Please post more! :bounce:

jmBoekestein
04-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Well The intent was to have her arm turned outwards, sort of like holding it up and outwards in pride. But I tend to agree with you on the breasts. I lost track of the perspective a bit I guess, I need to be more loose so I won't do that. I'll fix some shadowing on her breasts tomorrow to see if that works but I really don't want to raise them lol, because the way I see it the problem is in other parts. Troublesome... Gonna give it a go for sure.

Thanks for pointing that out though! :)

offbeatworlds
04-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Sure, always glad to help, I look forward to seeing updates (I think I said that already, but, heck, it's still relevant!).

jmBoekestein
04-25-2006, 02:34 AM
Heheh, too nervous, can't let it slip... I tweaked her chest a bit, and clarified her collar bone more. Bare in mind she's moving sideways because of the beast she's on, and she's not a she's wild, so no bra's (sp?).

Thx again :)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/queen_of_beasts_016b.jpg

adrianospm
04-25-2006, 03:00 AM
HOpe this helpshttp://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/adrianospm/queen_of_beasts_016b.jpg

jmBoekestein
04-28-2006, 03:41 AM
Heheh, thanks for trying at least, but I find I had a completely different pose and body structure in mind, and to be honest that's a little vague to use as an anatomy guide. I have a lot of ref if I want to fall back on that, don't worry.

I guess the trick is sometimes to 'stretch it'. Ok I added some tweaks, so her pose is more easily readable, but I won't work on it till I get more in the composition done. But I thought I'd post this anyway.

Thanks for checking :).

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/queen_of_beasts_017.jpg

and here's afifteen minute sketch for the dsg, just for the curious: >>sketchy<< (http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/DSGdayofthedragon.jpg)

frostblade
04-28-2006, 04:40 AM
that sketch is really nice :)

and nice improvments on the picture :) I can't draw a body at all...too complicated.

andreasrocha
04-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Very nice, especially the way you seem to be sculpting her form. I love the hands. Perhaps you could start introducing some color and painting in a background (slowly like you did with the body!)

adrianospm
04-28-2006, 10:54 AM
i started out ambitious, but couldent get it but then i posted it anyway

jmBoekestein
04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks Frostblade! I bet it isn't as hard for you as you seem to think it is now. :D

Thanks Andreasrocha! Not sure on the colour yet, don't have a lot of experience with it. But I have started on putting her into place. So I'll having something to show soon I hope.

Adrianospm, it's more complicated than it seems regarding anatomy heheh. Maybe it'll be more apparent when the background and perspective are more clear. :)

Runecaster
04-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Jan-Mark, so sorry!! I saw jm and just inserted an I... many apologies.. :(

Also, about the breasts.... they look just fine? What's wrong with you people -- they aren't too long! You all look at too many fake breasts imo if you think these look too long.. LOL

I dunno, but they actually look really natural to me, really real... and I have two of them ;)

They look like, umm... mine actually - and I've had kids, and breastfed... and that is how they look after all that... rounded on the bottom, soft -- and they hang lower. Not saggy... just... relaxed. I dunno, JM, they look just fine to me.

Ok, embarassing little tidbit here but just to back up JM's artwork here, I like, measured my own - put my hand under where they rest and the line comes to just right above my elbow by like 1/4 inch... and that was with my arm at rest along my side -- if I held it up like she is, it would totally be at my elbow.

jmBoekestein
04-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Thank you!!! Finally, some sense into the pop notch culture generation. *deep sigh* lol.

That oughta teach em... =), oh yeah don't worry about the name

frostblade
04-30-2006, 12:31 PM
They look like natural double d's or something bigger... I know they are bigger than d for sure.
The fake boobs pictures just make women worry too much about their own body image and that really sux. Also bras and clothes make a lot of differences too...big is sometime not that pretty naked :P. A lot of people always forget to include the stretch marks when they paint huge head sized boobs. ...maybe they don't know that plastic boobs and real boobs have those because of airbrushed photos and lack of close ups.

keep up the good work...and you can paintover my stuff anytime too :)

jmBoekestein
04-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah the media have been portraying a false image for so long now that it seems to have become an expectancy. It's become almost scary I think. Ah well... I gotta admit I'm painting them rather large too, but I thought that fit a queen in the wild nicely, hmm.

Gotta do some things over here, and then I'll try a paintover on your painting. I hope I can get to grips with PS quick enough.

Thank you! :D

CyborgJA
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Heheh, thanks for trying at least, but I find I had a completely different pose and body structure in mind, and to be honest that's a little vague to use as an anatomy guide. I have a lot of ref if I want to fall back on that, don't worry.

I guess the trick is sometimes to 'stretch it'. Ok I added some tweaks, so her pose is more easily readable, but I won't work on it till I get more in the composition done. But I thought I'd post this anyway.

Thanks for checking :).

and here's afifteen minute sketch for the dsg, just for the curious: >>sketchy<< (http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/DSGdayofthedragon.jpg)

I quote adrianospm !

If I see your image I can divide it into 2 areas.
1 : from right hand to the head with a pure bottom up view
2. from belly to feet with a quite ground to ground view.

I suggest to follow adirano's suggestion and I add that image too.

http://aureamediocritas.com/images/itchings/Queen_of_beasts_017.jpg

cypherx
05-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I like looking at this thread from time to time, JM, haven't commented, because I just wanted to see where you went with it. I did have a question though, or perhaps a statement more or less. I read somewhere that you didn't really like working with colours, why is that? and I would like to see you give it a whirl... but I can understand working in one's comfort zone, I'm the same about backgrounds, I don't like doing them, though on occasion, I'll give them a whirl.

jmBoekestein
05-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh I didn't check my mail today, sorry for being late. :) I've been fiddling here and there and researching even.

Thank you for taking the time CYborgJA! :D I noticed the hip was a problem area because of the same effect I guess, maybe after staying away from the figure for a while and working on the rest of the image I'll see better.
The way it's intended now is in a sort of contraposto style torso, because of the animal swaying while it walks she moves along with that. I think some adjustments on the hip would solve the fact that it's hard to read as such.

Hey Jennifer :D, Thanks, that's really fun to know :).
Well, I guess I'm just insecure about my work in the end :blush: . I've only really seriously started painting since last summer, so that also gives me very little experience to work from. I feel that if I keep things structured and focus on important things, I'll get to results more quickly. It's easier to learn I feel when everything is isolated to a certain point. However, I would like to colour both wip's I have now. Greyscale seems to drudge up doom and gloom in me as well heh. I'll give it a go soon I think.
Thanks again! :D

CyborgJA
05-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Thank you for taking the time CYborgJA! :D

Greyscale seems to drudge up doom and gloom in me as well heh. I'll give it a go soon I think.
Thanks again! :D

NP.

Ok; use greyscale on more layers and then colorize them using photoshop. :wise:

jmBoekestein
05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Heheh, ok. :surprised Ph- ... photoshop? : .

jmBoekestein
05-03-2006, 03:36 AM
Had no inspiration at all, and I could only draw monstrous stuff. SO logically a demon screaming...

added a quick layer with highlights... cause its'a real quick one. Prolly not gonna finnish it.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/Demonreflections_002.jpg

Gord-MacDonald
05-03-2006, 03:45 AM
JM - your scaring the sh*t outta me :eek: ;)

Gord

*edit* good drawing!

CyborgJA
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Heheh, ok. :surprised Ph- ... photoshop? : .

sure. Read that as sample http://graphicdesign.about.com/library/tutorials/photoshop/blonecolorb.htm

If you use more layers you can do beautiful things starting with a B&W pic

jmBoekestein
05-03-2006, 09:51 AM
lol thx Gord.

CyborgJA, Thx for the tip!!! Looks interesting, Definetely colouring these ones.

Runecaster
05-03-2006, 10:22 AM
JM that demon IS scary... jeeeesh.. if you fleshed it out with color and what not, wow!

jmBoekestein
05-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Didn't really want to do much with it yesterday. Good idea now though, it wouldn't be bad to make a few mistakes on his ugly grimas.

frostblade
05-03-2006, 10:47 AM
I have a technique to colourise this without it looking like it's too grey, just a few layers, you can see the psd file if you want as well.
I'll post the results but only if you want to see it.

jmBoekestein
05-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Oh Yeah, please do! :D Would give me a good jumpstart.

frostblade
05-03-2006, 11:35 AM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8485/jm6zr.jpg

well that can be the base and then you can manually paint more over it to brighten more parts to your liking, this is just really rough demo of the technique.

I can email you the psd for layers coz I can't find 3mb hosting thing lol.

jmBoekestein
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Ah thx, that'd be cool! You can send it over to my gmail jmboekestein777@gmail.com . :D

If you could explain a bit on how that'd be great as well. :)

frostblade
05-03-2006, 01:24 PM
I sent the email with an explaination screen cap of steps and text on what it does, files and the works.

Basically you make the black value of the drawing a tint...
(transparent bits and the works so you can see through it etc)
Do that by using the channels panel to extract it. The dotted circle icon selects all the white of the image and we want the black so we inverse the selection and then fill that on a new layer... much like how people extract line art for comic colourings.

With the new layer, you click lock transparent pixels to preserve your image. Then you grab a brush, hopefully not solid one... and brush over it gently with your choice of colours. and under it you stack up skin tone colours to match and to tint with hues etc.

Basically I think this gives you much more freedom than colourisation filters.

jmBoekestein
05-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I think I get it, going to have to try it out, I'm not too familiar with photoshop but I might be able to reproduce it in painter, which has some cool colour abilities I bet. This was very helpful! :) Thanks heaps!

jmBoekestein
05-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Ofcourse, one has to haste, but steadily. :)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/Demonreflections_003.jpg
Yesterday's version was far too sketchy I guess. And a friend wants to use it, so I touched it up.

edit: plus added some teeth onc e over, sloppy...

frostblade
05-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I feel that the demon needs some horns hehe, but he looks great anyway :)

I think you can do the channel thing in photoshop and then open it in painter coz I'm not sure how you can do that in painter as I don't use painter hehe.

CyborgJA
05-04-2006, 11:26 AM
lol thx Gord.

CyborgJA, Thx for the tip!!! Looks interesting, Definetely colouring these ones.

first technique is better than mine but it requires a re-painting of your pic and it's quite 'hard' if you are a 'beginner' with colors.
I suggest to have practice with color impact and then you can loose yourself in alllll the colors you want :)

jmBoekestein
05-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks! Painter recently got some extra things added, amongst other more layer functionality. Mayb I can pull it all of in painter. GOing to experiment on it during the weekend, :).

Thanks too CyborgJA, that's going to a lot of tears and sweat I'm sure. But it's all worth it. :D

I'm off to festivities. Two fun days in a row, such a treat!!!

CyborgJA
05-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks too CyborgJA, that's going to a lot of tears and sweat I'm sure. But it's all worth it. :D

I'm off to festivities. Two fun days in a row, such a treat!!!

Never say that :twisted:

Enjoy and relax yourself !:bounce:

jmBoekestein
05-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Yay! First bump cleared serena!!! :D

I was fiddling, and just not worried about blending at this point. Just some effect. Addictive, I'll be on this search for effect for quite some time.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/Demonreflections_003c.jpg

Maladie
05-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Hey JM,

as you know I'm about to colour a grayscale figure as well...it's hard to make out how from this thread but I get the impression some decent techniques are being discussed.

Would you mind sending me a decent email about it (in Dutch so I can understand:))? If it's too much work I understand, maybe you could forward something? Good luck with the moving btw. For someone busy moving you've done a lot of work lately! I love the savage woman and the discussion about breasts following it:). It's true, woman in fantasy art tend to have huge boobs they can barely see their surroundings over. Possibly due to the fact nerdy men with no girlfriends make them up:)...this is a nice change from that. You're really on a good track, keep going!!

jmBoekestein
05-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Not at all, I'll try to put it into dutch as best as I can.

Well I moved a while back so I had time to work. I just had to wait for tons of stuff to happen and it's not particularly homely yet, not a painting or poster on the wall. It's just that I recently been in the position to get some stuff done. So the last bits are in progress :), always time for painting though :wise: .

That's good to hear. I find it unsettling too, and I think this is more beautiful personally, probably why I prefer the older pin up looks as well. Nature has an elegance unsurpassed by the human phenomenon. :) I am nerdy though lol.

Will do :D!

pap87
05-12-2006, 03:18 AM
OMG. Of all the times (god knows how many) I've looked in the 2D WIPs I have never noticed this thread! Why?... ... umm, anyway.
So, I really like that girl pic, couldn't see a problem with the breasts in the first place. Even with the foreshortening and all in the legs, it looks damn good! Very sexy pose.
Looking forward to seeing the beast too. :thumbsup:
The coloured version of the demon looks nice, you seem to get the jist of it.
Keep up the great work!

jmBoekestein
05-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks pap87! Working on a composition to practice on colours right now. I wonder how I'll do with more complex lighting.

:)

JMcWilliams
05-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Good to see some colour arriving :D

jmBoekestein
05-13-2006, 02:39 AM
I hope it 'll come to a good end though. Tried to get some layers slappe d together for this one to be coloured. Can't get it right today. :shrug:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/DSG_LadyintheLake_001.jpg

jmBoekestein
05-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Ok, did some refinements on the lady. I thought it was fun experimenting on this lighting scheme.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/DSG_LadyintheLake_004.jpg

tired... off to bed. :)

pap87
05-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes the lighting is very well done here. Good stuff!
Let's see more:)

Runecaster
05-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Man I wish I had a body like that! :) Well done JM, looking great so far :)

Iridyse
05-16-2006, 02:44 PM
The lady is beautiful! When I first saw it I thought of Frazetta :D That's the biggest compliment ever, heheh.

Wonderful works, looking forward to the coloured version.

Shadowbrooke
05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
You paint figures beautifully. The demon you worked on looks so scary...gulp..Looking forward to see more progress :)

jmBoekestein
05-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks pap87, more coming up!

Laby, heheh. Ahem, well I tried. Thanks

Hiiri... *stares with mouth open*... thank you

Kelandra, thank you. I love painting figures. :D

more to come on this one. :)

Maladie
05-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey JM, that body looks terrific but for the breasts being a bit far apart, I think. At least that's the only thing that looks a bit weird to me. Beautiful lighting!

Her face is still masklike/odd, but no doubt you'll fix that in time. Great job! If you know how to do the colors, I still expect an elaborate email in Dutch on the subject:).

jmBoekestein
05-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks Rinske, it was foremost intentionally, she's inhaling hwile walking etc.:D

If I get it right, hopefully soon enough, I'll get one to you. The rest of my paints shoul( I repeat should) get a colour layer or be colour.

I am planning to keep her face creepy btw, a ghostly aspect to her. :)

jmBoekestein
05-17-2006, 02:01 AM
Started work on the environment, the idea is to bring the interest and 'life' of the picture to her and her effect.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jmBoekestein/DSG_LadyintheLake_005.jpg

jmBoekestein
05-18-2006, 10:25 AM
hurrah hurrah... :rolleyes: For your enjoyment... a few quotes:

"A censor is someone who views pornography all day, but does not get corrupted even though he is certain you would be."

"Censorship is the height of vanity." --Martha Graham

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." --George Bernard Shaw

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." --Noam Chomsky

"Were there none who were discontented with what they have, the world would never reach anything better." --Florence Nightingale

Needless to say, I'll be looking for webspace shortly.

frostblade
05-18-2006, 10:38 AM
http://imageshack.us/img/iss1.png (http://imageshack.us)

it's pretty good so far... although I have not uploaded nudes.

jmBoekestein
05-18-2006, 10:44 AM
I used that one before, but apparently in some places the servers aren't regularly reachable.

I'll go for something not free perhaps. My ISP has webstorage as well, that's an option.

Iridyse
05-18-2006, 10:51 AM
hurrah hurrah... :rolleyes: For your enjoyment... a few quotes:

"A censor is someone who views pornography all day, but does not get corrupted even though he is certain you would be."

I love that!

jmBoekestein
05-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah it's odd how things seem when you strip them of all illusions. :)

jmBoekestein
05-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Ok, imageshack for now... annying ordeal, need to get my account properly set up with my ISP.

I'll get the other wip's uploaded as well and post them when necessary or when I feel like it. :)

Thanks for checking.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/9629/dsgladyinthelake0055lr.jpg

Runecaster
05-18-2006, 04:05 PM
JM I love how you render women - so rounded and soft - still thin but.. womanly. It's lovely! Her face is so catlike - kinda cool. You going to color it?

jmBoekestein
05-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks! :D Apreciate it! Yeah I want to colour all my pieces from now on. And try some ones by building up from colour straight away, it'll require some more experience I bet, but there's only one way to get that. :)

Salubri3i
05-19-2006, 08:43 AM
i haven't been here in awhile and... wow. :eek:

you do such great work in greyscale. i'm looking forward to seeing you do color as well. :thumbsup:

CyborgJA
05-19-2006, 10:18 AM
I really love the perspective you have applied to water.
It creates a great sensation of 'space', closed by water/fog that falls down from her hands.

Hope to see colored version as soon as possible :love:

adrianospm
05-19-2006, 01:07 PM
hi im back but just barely!

my computer died the final death !

im just posting so you wont forget me i have orderd a new computer but it will not be ready untill september. in the mean time i wont post anything but i will be back i love this forum!
and the people in them they have such a welcoming feeling.

ps looking good and id like to see the progress on the girl and beast pic got rather attacheed to it.

bye

jmBoekestein
05-19-2006, 06:28 PM
@salubri3i: thanks, working on it. :D

@adrianospm: Man that sucks!!! Be sure to sketch while you don't have your wacom for painting. YOu don't wanna go through the pain of retraining your hand eye coordination!
Gotta agree on the forum! you can learn soo much in here too. :eek:

@CyborgJA: Thank you! I hope I can get it worked up soon! :love:

Gotta run now, have duties to comply with. No work tonight but I'll get on it tomorrow!

makaron
05-19-2006, 06:41 PM
nice looking lady you having here... :)

jmBoekestein
05-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Thank you! :)

adrianospm
05-20-2006, 05:31 PM
yes good point losing that would suck!

jmBoekestein
05-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, be keeping an eye out for you Adrianospm! Good luck!

Ok, homing on the final shadin of her, I think I'll increase resolution one more time on her and get the details really in there perhaps. Next is work on the belly, which needs more bounce light, in fact I'll just refine more bounce light and with that volume.

Thanks for the great feedback!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9126/dsgladyinthelake0091dl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jmBoekestein
06-02-2006, 02:23 PM
20 or 30 minutes I think, hunting scorpions in the dunes I guess. :)

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7337/speedyfaceclose5ej.jpg

and quick facial expressions, time to put some life in.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1245/faces8lq.jpg

Thanks for checking.

Maladie
06-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Are you becoming a lighting wizard! So cool, I wish I had the patience for that. Those facial expressions show a lot of understanding of form imo. Keep going, I'd like to see a finished piece (maybe even with some...COLOR)!

Gord-MacDonald
06-02-2006, 05:39 PM
JM - The painting of the woman is perhaps your best yet - very good! Keep em coming.:thumbsup:

Gord

jmBoekestein
06-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks Rinske! nice title... I might go for that one day mmmyesszz...

And thank you Gord!

:D

jmBoekestein
06-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Another sketch from a week back or so. More of these will be popping up soon. I'm planning on seriously honing my skills on anything and everything so c & c most welcome (as usual).

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/4126/mistman010012hw.jpg

offbeatworlds
06-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Woo! I like that last one. So mysterious and foreboding. Nice job on the mood. :thumbsup:

CyborgJA
06-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I love your sketches , hope to see new and more detailed ones soon :love:

Salubri3i
06-03-2006, 02:07 AM
i like the latest one as well. i'd like to see you detail that. :thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
06-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks Serena! There will be a lot more, but not all detailed I think. :love:

And thanks Salubri3i. I'm not sure this one but we'll see.

Thank you Sylanya. :)

jmBoekestein
06-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Todays sketch... this one will probably see some variations made on it and at least a full body view... the stuff from it's mouth will be refined, and some of the creases as well. edit: well basicaly it NEEDS tons more, but I'd not want to loose time on just this view. CHeers! :)

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5741/lagon10029cl.jpg

thx for checking. :)

jmBoekestein
06-09-2006, 02:05 AM
working on contrast(thx to levente)... and using it to draw attention. New thing for me contrast, a lot of new options, but I don't know what I like yet. about 2,5 h...

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2024/contrast10012xv.jpg

(PS: excuses for rough looking anatomy etc., I was under the influence)

Runecaster
06-09-2006, 02:17 AM
JM, that image is kickASS. When are you gonna color something? :D

jmBoekestein
06-09-2006, 02:22 AM
Dunno... I seem to either forget about it or just not know what next... :surprised

frostblade
06-09-2006, 02:38 AM
That last picture looks magical!

SamsonsReaper
06-09-2006, 02:52 AM
allright man! looks great(last image) :thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
06-09-2006, 02:58 AM
Thx Frostblade!

Thanks Levente! Pretty happy with the first test.

:D off to bed for me... *shady look*

jmBoekestein
06-09-2006, 03:28 AM
15 mins for the dsg ... sort of Half life 2 scenario in mind, thes are great for high contrast I was thinking.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6404/dsgstalker15mins6ig.jpg

Salubri3i
06-09-2006, 07:30 AM
wonderful works as always JM.

i do remember you promising us colored works though. ;) ;)

eilidh
06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Terrific style, JM! It carries a great, dark and subtle mood.

The only thing I am disappointed with is that the images in the first pages of your thread are broken (I just get the photobucket banner). It would be great if you could fix this. :)

I think greyscale works rather nicely with these pieces. You are considering colour, though, aren't you? It would be interesting to see how you handle it. (Sorry if you've replied to this somewhere else. I wasn't too scrupulous in reading all that's been posted here).

A personal favourite is that beast-like thing. The creases in its flesh look simply perfect.

Hope to see more of your work! :)

jmBoekestein
06-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks Eilidh, I'm trying things but I definitely seem to have developed a liking for moody pieces. I'll definitely do colour soon, but it will be touch and go and slow at the start probably. I'll try and bring the old pieces back into place, but I'm very lazy, something to do after a visit to the bar perhaps. :) thanks for dropping in!!!

I checked your site, lovely work, especially the portraits!

jmBoekestein
06-09-2006, 05:14 PM
@Salubri3i, Thank you... and well... yes... :blush:

heh, double posted...

might as well add a profound statement... A wise man once said: "it's all in your head" , turns out he was right. :) *chuckles*

eilidh
06-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks Eilidh, I'm trying things but I definitely seem to have developed a liking for moody pieces. I'll definitely do colour soon, but it will be touch and go and slow at the start probably. I'll try and bring the old pieces back into place, but I'm very lazy, something to do after a visit to the bar perhaps. :) thanks for dropping in!!!

I checked your site, lovely work, especially the portraits!

Well, it's not like you won't be getting any help and tips from people here once you try colour. So go for it. :)

The site is direly outdated (and I haven't really painted anything worthwhile this past year). But thank you very much nonetheless. :)

Maladie
06-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Great work on the contrasty pieces!! You're progressing steadily, I think it might work to focus on grayscale work this much, at least you'll be getting really good at one thing:).

Are you watching the football? Today when I walked into the supermarket I was forced to enter through an arc of orange flags:).

TheFirstAngel
06-09-2006, 09:53 PM
kewl updates. and ... lol, yeah the "oranjes" take over :P omg. i hear noise outside. not really better here. hehe, keep up the great work jm. the gurl looks great just a lil nude around down there. early i know. hehe, keep it up :)

jmBoekestein
06-09-2006, 10:02 PM
@Maladie:Hahaha, no I hate the game. Can't mind others watching at all, but me, no. They offered me an orange flufy toy at AH though, living in the outback has its perks, no budget for extravagant waste of my time.

And thanks! Well, the real point is not that this is one thing, at least that's my conjecture at this time. The reality is that the human eye reacts foremost and intensively on contrast, even on a psychological level this carries through imho, so if I want to get something through I'll need to strike values right. After that , and that's providing I actually do not make 'happy accidents' I can 'add' colour and build from what I understand of contrast. Rebecca told me early on that also the great masters earlier in our society were first obliged to train charcoal and other value methods first before even getting close to pygments. I believe that because they were forced to break it down into little parts because of lack of resources they would have struck the golden means out of necessity. So I believe in this.

@Eilidh, yeah that's a big plus, still I often prove to be too stupid to recognisemy misstakes. So I'm playing method for madness for now :)

@Sacha: Heh, even there? Swiss banks, o'course... forgot. Don't worry bout the down there, a censored version is on the list after the real work. And thanks for the slap on the shoulder dood! Am working on her now.

Salubri3i
06-13-2006, 03:51 AM
ah so you're concentrating on values for now? i like that approach. though me personally i'm a little impatient so i tend to jump into things a little too soon. :D

jmBoekestein
06-15-2006, 03:20 PM
yeah I'm hellbent on getting it right lol, maybe too much so :blush: ...

this one was to test a facial anatomy work up, the lines are derived from a paint seen in my avvy, it's fairly nude but I'll post a version when it's done, not sure though. Anyway, there seemed to be a lighting/anatomy problem according to a friend. Really busting my b*lls here. lol.

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/2730/faceanatomybare0gw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4606/faceanatomy5xs.jpg

JMcWilliams
06-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey JM! :D

Looking good. I like your chiselled female face structure :D

yuk159
06-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Nice lights, I like her expression.

jmBoekestein
06-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Thx James! :D

And you too Yuk, checked out your portfolio, you have a way with clours, nice stuff. :)

Dianae
06-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Wow, you're really great with lighting! The sketches about facial expressions you've done are great! I want to see more :D

jmBoekestein
06-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks ^,^ ! Well I'm finishing up a polished piece right now, that's what the last face wa s for. I'll post in here soon. hanks for stopping by! :)

jmBoekestein
06-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Ok here she is... :) this will be my second finished painting evah!!! :bounce:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/699/contrast1020close0no.jpg

Ravenslayer
06-20-2006, 11:20 PM
wow very impressive work:eek:

paperclip
06-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Great values there! You using ref?

....how about some color now, eh, man?

Maladie
06-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Wow, JM, she's got a modest loincloth?:)

Looks truly great. Only thing weird I see is the gap in the hair on the left (her right). Between the light streak in the front and the rest, I mean. It just doesn't seem to fall naturally.

Really great work dear:). I'm thinking this piece is actually very strong B&W, I don't need color at all to read it.

'bout the MSN: I would, but I hate MSN. Mu was talking about a chatroom the other day, where CG-talkers meet. You know where that is? Or is that MSN?
It's just that I always get bugged by vague old friends I don't necessarily want to talk to when I'm painting:).

jmBoekestein
06-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks ravenslayer and paperclip, nope no ref... all from memory and logic. :D

Oh posted same time as me : /

Hmm ok, well the cgtalk chatroom is uh... 'off limits' for me. Hostile crowd and all that jazz. lol
It's an irc chatroom, pretty basic and non official I believe. Thanks for the compliments!

PS: you could always use a new email account... ;) I'm a chat aholic sometimes, it's a lot more direct, I love that.

Maladie
06-20-2006, 11:45 PM
What about 'thank you Maladie'?:) Or am I bugging you about the hair and loincloth too much? hehe

jmBoekestein
06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
hahaha noooo!!! I was replyning at the same time. Really, THANK YOUUU... :)

^,^ and no worries, I'd post the uncensored one, but I'm afraid they'll kick my imageshack as well :cry: .

jmBoekestein
06-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh and here's the full image:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6586/contrast10205qa.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=contrast10205qa.jpg)

remember, it's my first background so be uhmmm... make short sentences :rolleyes:...

Vahn
06-21-2006, 12:29 AM
nice stuff jm ... you really got the hang of b&w now i see :thumbsup::applause:

mhhhm uncensored version ..... hehe post it ..you can always blame it on me and say i forced you to :D:twisted::love:

*leaves stage drooling*

jmBoekestein
06-21-2006, 12:55 AM
dunno... gimme a sec. Gotta tell you I actually had a nightmare about censorship when I firstfigured the nude was very nude. I'll put it up prolly :D

Quick fix after someone opinted out the crease line on the belly.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4853/contrast1020fix6tq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Salubri3i
06-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Wow JM that was great! :eek:

The mass conceptions are so well done and without a ref? I think you're doing great man. :thumbsup:

Maladie and JM: about the chat thingie... you guys use yahoo messenger? I get bored around here sometimes. lolz. Besides it would be nice to chat with cgtalkers some time.

jmBoekestein
06-21-2006, 02:04 AM

Well I got all the other ones but I don't use them much these days. they eat a lot of system resources and when I paint it starts to lag :/. Can I use it without having a yahoo mail account? Can at least try it I say, or join the msn swarm :).

Salubri3i
06-21-2006, 03:14 AM

Well I got all the other ones but I don't use them much these days. they eat a lot of system resources and when I paint it starts to lag :/. Can I use it without having a yahoo mail account? Can at least try it I say, or join the msn swarm :).

unfortunately you have to get an account. it's free though. :D anyways i can maybe have my msn reinstated. lolz. damn thing keeps crashing on me for some reason. then my friends tell me they've been messaging me but i don't get any. :shrug:

great works dude. i was meaning to ask you about the pillars though... how did you make them so straight? is that some vector thingy you're using there or did you do that by hand? I don't think I can draw a straight line on my wacom if my life depended on it. :D

eilidh
06-21-2006, 05:52 AM
JM, this is very, very nicely done. The use of light is fantastic. And without a reference, too! I take it you've made several anatomy studies, right?

Little details I think could use some attention: the left (as we see it) forearm -- it's a little unrendered in comparison with the rest of the picture. And the hair from a certain point and onwards looks roughly like cloth or something of that sort. I don't know if it's intentional -- if not, you could work a little on that too. Try to make it a little shinier on the right side of her head, too.

Great work, congrats!

jmBoekestein
06-21-2006, 10:56 AM
@Salubri3i, yeah msn can be buggy sometimes but it works usually. :) Hmm try it! And as far as it goes the only aid I have ever used on this pic was mirror for 1 glance. I used my skinny self to compare the shoulder. The rest is all hard work and largely done with an acrylic derived brush. I did make 1 custom brush, and I'm going to make more of those seeing as they render a lot faster if you have enough memory. Toughest part was actually the background since I'm not yet familiar with how all elements work together.

@Eilidh,thank youu ^,^! I haven't done so much as actually study anatomy, but I do memorise it I guess by keeping my eyes peeled.
And I'll be working on those details, I tend to overlook these tings becuase of focusing on other parts. Thanks for the pointers! And oh yeahthe hair was another thing, I only added in the rough volumes and forgot that too. heh, it's getting out of hand. Thanks again!

cypherx
06-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I think this latest one is your best work. I would work on her left knee/leg a bit, as well as the flow of her hair... looking great though!

MichaelZHsee
06-21-2006, 03:41 PM
fantastic stuff jm,u got the anatomy spot on,great sense of lighting and shadowing too!a huge leap indeed mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rudeone
06-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Wow JM, I haven't seen your work in quite a while and I have to say I'm stunned by your latest work, very impressive!!!

jmBoekestein
06-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks Jennifer, will do on the hair and leg. :D

And thank you Michael! Cheers! :scream:

Hey Rudeone, heheh, glad you like it. Just a few more tweaks and I can give it a rest :D.

:bounce: thanks for the rgeat support people!

jmBoekestein
06-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Made a new avatar, wanted to try this for a long time since a while back. Thought I'd share just for kicks. Feel free to do with it what you like, justdon't track down the original photographer... -_=

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/4315/smilebunny0mf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

eilidh
06-21-2006, 06:49 PM
haha! Hilarious! :p

And keep the works coming. Your last ones have been very promising; I'm looking forward to your next. :)

jmBoekestein
06-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Glad you like... just finishing up the last things on the woman. :D

kefka
06-22-2006, 02:21 AM
The woman is awesome. The mood of is very cool.

What resolution is this in? Thanks!

jmBoekestein
06-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks Kefka, I scaled the entire image at 4800 px by 6800 px, I've got it at 150 DPI for poster print. The girls spans about 3000 pixels. I wanted to print her on a 115 cm poster for my livingroom. Any interest in a poster perhaps? If I can set it up I can probably get a better deal in larger quantities, or maybe deviantart, dunno.

Thx again. :D

Dianae
06-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm in love with your new avatar :D Very funny, excellent manip!

jmBoekestein
06-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Heheh, thx. :D

AnOldFriend
06-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey man nice painting you made ther of the girl excelent job all around. The only thing I dont much like is that black fog squigly area at the top but perhaps I am just crazy.

I like the photo manipulation avatar aswell.:thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
06-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks OldFriend, it seems to be a weak point, I bet it's the lack of definition. Will work on that too. :D

jmBoekestein
06-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Worked on the suggestions made a bit, please let me know if I skipped an area. :) I'll work on the hair a bit more I think, but I wanna watch a movie now.

The dark cloud got a wuick treatment because I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet, maybe add more contrasting variations to it, a long as it doesn't compete too much.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8958/contrast10231ky.th.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=contrast10231ky.jpg)http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5140/contrast1023close5zg.th.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=contrast1023close5zg.jpg)

arnocob
06-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi!
I like this painting...
You are a master of the grey values, that's not a scoop!!
Just a comment: For me, there is something strange between the girl pose and the perspective of the column (the element of archi : I am not sure of the word)
The girl seems to be viewed at the spectator's eye level (front) but the column is represented from under. Hope you understand me.
What do you think?
Bye

jmBoekestein
06-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Haha thx for the compliment.

Yes you're right about the perspective! :) I was attempting to have her looming forwards while still up high, I was hoping it would work out to show her as aware of the viewer while being blindfolded. Which I find a bit scary sort of.

I allready adapted the curvature a bit. Perhaps I should decrease it a bit more. I'll try that. Thx!! :D

Runecaster
06-25-2006, 03:03 AM
JM I dig this image so much, it's flat out gorgeous - I think arnocob is being nitpicky, because I didn't have anything popping out at me at all regarding the perspective, and that's uaully an obvious one to spot. No biggy just I didn't think anything was wrong with it.

Anyway, lovely job, it's just plain beautiful to look at. She glows. :thumbsup:

CyborgJA
06-25-2006, 08:55 AM
You know... I think you should post the uncensured version of this pic.

I'm waiting for a coloured version :)

jmBoekestein
06-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Thx Runecaster! Nice of you to say. There is a small flaw though, and since the effect is so minimal either way it's a bad choice.

I know you're right Serena. I DID get a nightmare about censorship too a while back. I think I will. :D

cypherx
06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
hey, JM... I like the final... There's a few really quick things I think you could do to improve it overall... would you care if I did a quick overpaint of shadows/highlights and hairflow?

jmBoekestein
06-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Hmm depends, well even if only out of curiosity to see what you come up with. I'm working a bit on her chest right now and will maybe add hairs in front of her torso before long.

Well I'm procrastinating for sure. Go for it. :) Thx in advance :D .

cypherx
06-25-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah, I know what you mean, I don't like overpaintings in general, but I'll make it quick and not try to mess with your actual image too much. *will try to be a good girl*

I just think this is your best image yet, and some subtle stuff will make it pop more.

jmBoekestein
06-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Allrighty then. Thanks a lot Jennifer. :)

Oh btw, it's not that you'll mess it up, but more that I made some choices that I'd call style in lighting, on purpose misstakes. Wel whatever hahahah.

cypherx
06-25-2006, 02:37 PM
that's alright, because my paintover will be stylized as well, but it's just to show you what i mean, as opposed to tell you.

jmBoekestein
06-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Perfect, anticipating eagerly! :cool:

cypherx
06-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Christ, that didn't go as planned... I went to save and photoshop froze on me (yet again).

I did manage a screencapture, but I don't know how much good it'll do. Basically, my suggestion, is break up the hair a bit more, and make the flow a tad more natural (not that mine EVER is haha), add a tad bit more "darker" areas to make her sort of stand out more from the bg, and do some additional highlights on the clouds, as well as where her left leg bends at the knee (the muscle group above it in the inner leg)

http://direwire.com/images/jm_paintoverscreenshot.jpg

Gord-MacDonald
06-25-2006, 03:19 PM
JM - you are improving by leaps and bounds -Great lighting, drawing, and much improved anatomy.

:thumbsup:

Gord

jmBoekestein
06-25-2006, 04:08 PM
AH I see what you mean Jennifer. Funny thing, my comp completely froze just now while I was writing a reply at conceptart, apparently a vague resemblance between my painting and someones elses. I like the overall weight in it, allthough it's looking a bit croaky now though :p.

Well just because, I'll give it a go to see what it looks like. But I rather like the overdone hair(not that I'd want to see it in real life but like this it's cool). I should maybe take out the topmost curl, that's way over the top. lol. Thanks a lot.

You too Gord, thanks. :D

jmBoekestein
06-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok, I'm very lasy by nature but I got a remark on the background being overpowered, this could be taste ofcourse but I could agree.

As is in this thumbnail. What do you guys think. Does it really need much more or is it fine like this. Yes and no's both welcome. I'm no good with backgrounds.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8958/contrast10231ky.th.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=contrast10231ky.jpg)

Zephyri
06-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi JM, already told you how much I really like this piece, it's by far and away your most accomplished piece to date! The only thing I could suggest with the background is maybe to reduce the contrast on the clouds right behind her a bit, as they are further away, they'd probably have less contrast anyhow, and it would help her figure pop out even more. But thats the only thing I could think of. I think the figure and background are both of equal importance in the image, so I wouldn't do much to reduce it. But just my humble opinion!

jmBoekestein
06-25-2006, 08:34 PM
That's a very good point allthough I was thinking the clouds weren't even coming across as very white. I'll throw it on artistic licence though. :) Thx!

cypherx
06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
my paintover was a bit "croaky"? I don't even know if I know what that word means after all... it was just for me to show you what I meant though, the whole adding some darker grays to make her pop out more.

But in the end, we can get advice, it's our choice whether or not we use any of it.

good luck

jmBoekestein
06-26-2006, 01:45 PM
my paintover was a bit "croaky"? I don't even know if I know what that word means after all... it was just for me to show you what I meant though, the whole adding some darker grays to make her pop out more.

But in the end, we can get advice, it's our choice whether or not we use any of it.

good luck

No it's that her hair is more stringy than I'd like to put in the image. Not as an evil insult that I'd like erased from my thread eh... ;)

I think I got it thought, and am actually on it now. So thanks :D.

JMcWilliams
06-26-2006, 10:04 PM
You already know I like this Mr JM :D but here's a bump for ya! :thumbsup:

ajay1589
06-26-2006, 11:43 PM
at first i looked at this thread and though "He's still finishing this!?" But then i saw the updates and it looks greatttttt. I love the improvements.

jmBoekestein
06-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Thx James... just a few more dabs... : .

Long time no see Ajay, thx... I think.

Dianae
06-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Your sense of lighting is amazing! I love the hair suggestion of cypherx, I think that it works better. You're great!

jmBoekestein
06-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Thank you :love: !!! Wow means a lot coming from you. I'll try and get the hair to work better, and then do some touch ups and I'm done.

I'm having a good day today alltogether. I'm trying a drug for ADHD, never knew I had that, or know 100% certain now. But the stuff is having a very positive effect. It'll be good to have a look over the painting all over today. I'm sure I'll be able to get more done :D.

:bounce:

PS:thx again for all the help and support. It's been a great experience. :scream:

cypherx
06-27-2006, 03:42 PM
haha, JM! I feel like when I was four and my mumsy would say "use your words, Jennifer!".

Alright, let me start off by asking you what sort of monitor you use... it sort of does make a difference. I'm wondering because I know when I look at your image compared to my paintover on my work PC, I can hardly see any difference at all. In fact, answer that, and when I get home I'll tell you what exactly I did, as I can't recall off the top of my head, and I can't see it at all on here. I know for a fact I darkened the underhair, so there would be a contrast between that, the bg, and her skin. I also remember adding darker definition lines where the leg bent, under the breasts, her nostrils, and the part of her lip, the same value as the dark I used for the hair. I also thought the flow of the "white" strip of hair on our left side wasn't natural at all, almost like a solid mass as opposed to hair. I added extra highlights and shadows all around, but I'll have to look again when I get home.

And I don't think you sound ungrateful for asking me to explain.

Squibbit
06-27-2006, 03:46 PM
she climb on the pillar after she became blind to be safe?

jmBoekestein
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Thx Jennifer! I use a crt monitor (tube) but a good one, it has 2 instead of 1 electron cannons. It's a LaCie electronblueIV 19 inch. I think the tube type is diamondtron.
I did see what you put in yes. Trouble is the different styles can confuse. The part of the hair I find particularly interesting, not sure whether it was to unreal or just not working visually. Hmm, I'll beworkign on more strong contrasts for now then till you get back. Thanks bunches once again!

jmBoekestein
06-27-2006, 03:53 PM
uh no... she's in your head and you think she looks like that basically. :)

Squibbit
06-27-2006, 03:57 PM
uh no... she's in your head and you think she looks like that basically. :)

dude any girl that pretty would look way more comfortable in my head

cypherx
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Squibbit says *snorts* "she climb on the pillar after she became blind to be safe?"

*falls over*
haha

That's where I would go!

The part of the hair to me that's not convincing is where it sort of "folds" over as opposed to flows. Right where the light is hitting it.

jmBoekestein
06-27-2006, 04:10 PM
I somehow expected you to say that :). Well she's not just a pretty face, you might not even want her to get closer... becausssee...

@cypherx: heheh ok, I get it. I was thinking the same thing, but I like the look. I'll fiddle around a bit.

eilidh
06-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Well, I've already told you it looks very, very good. I think the one remaining issue now is the perspective (I think you should look into it), and along with it some minot refining at the main pillar's base.

Keep it up :)

jmBoekestein
06-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I honestly don't see the perpsective well enough in my mind, either ambiguity or lack of knowledge on environment renderings.

I did notice that the pillars aren't at the right height for their distance, but I'm reluctant to change these things much, I'm plannign on finishing her tonight. Maybe if I put her away for a while I'll be able to fix more. Who knows, the learning must continue. lol

Thank you! :D

eilidh
06-27-2006, 11:08 PM
I think I might be able to show you roughly how it should be, if you're okay with me doing an overpainting. :)

jmBoekestein
06-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Sure gladly :)... In the meantime I'm polishing the clouds and pillars. :bounce: Thanks a lot.

edit: I'm nearly done I think, :hmm: I could meander endlessly on th background but I just don't know how to make them yet... :surprised

eilidh
06-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Okay, here it is (http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/eilidheln/JM-OP_perspective.jpg).

Don't go dire yet at the changes! :) I'll try to explain right away. First off, the girl is at eye level; I estimate that to be at her waist, roughly. This sets our horizon at the same level; so you couldn't have it as low as it is in the picture (unless she was on top of a high hill, and the rest of the landscape (including your horizon) is many metres below.

There's going to be a vanishing point (http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/eilidheln/JM-OP_perspective_VP.jpg) way below the bottom of the picture. Normally the angles would be much more slanted, but it wouldn't sit too well with your picture, so I settled for less accuracy in favour of some balance.

It's still not correct, but it's somewhere on its way. I hope it gives you an idea. However, correcting it at this stage will probably be quite a task, I don't know if you're willing to take it (I probably wouldn't!)

Funnily enough, about two years ago I was painting a very similar picture -- a landscape with tall pillars and figure/statues standing on them! I was facing similar problems with the perspective (having started with the main figure just like you) and then I couldn't work the image out so as to be both correct in terms of perspective and still look fine composition-wise. In the end I completely abandoned it; if I attempt it again one day, the first thing that will get down on canvas is a proper perspective grid!

jmBoekestein
06-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Wow, that blew my mind. You really hauled her over. Looks like a different painting alltogether, Thanks.

I have a different pose in mind for her, this is becoming complicated but I think this is accurate enough. The camera is looking up at her as you can tell from the legs and the sharp v they make. Now this might not be fully accurate at all (anatomically) but she's not squatting knees up, she's in a pose with her legs a lot more parallel to the ground. I hope this sketch clarifies the idea I have a bit more.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9614/pose16zn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I hope I didn't waste your time : / ... she's actually some meters up in the air while the viewer is at normal eyelevel looking through a sort of zoomlens (cunningly dsguising the rounded perspective effects a lens makes, like fisheye lenses)

Thanks anyway though, you did a hell of a job, looks better than mine perspective wise... :surprised

*coughs it up* maybe I'm aiming too high?

I think you should try it again but digitally btw, sculptures are great material shading practice. I really wanted to put a few in this piece but it's too easy to crowd her in this convergent composition. *sigh* maybe other versions are brewing allready.

I think I'm done, it'd be too much work also in the end. Just going to polish and spitshine everything and call it done. :beer:

Thanks for the help!!! :)

jmBoekestein
06-28-2006, 02:14 AM
Ok heads up, finished tweaking the hair, I failed to understand the point of the overpaint by cypherx as well. But hey, `-` I can think of an excuse. :p Sorry Jennifer. :shrug:

Can I post this without having my image declined by the mods in the finished gallery? Or whom can I ask? I think it's legit nudity, she's symbolic for several things in what I see of human nature/philosophy. And well, it'd be sexual harassment to start fondling a blind woman wouldn't it? :hmm:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1538/pillargfinal2up.jpg

heheh, I might flip it again lol, composition is too symmetrical @_@...

eilidh
06-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Don't worry! It took me a while, but it was a very good exercise because I often have issues with the perspective, too. :)
I get it about the pose. It would make more sense that way. I still think the columns would converge somewhat further down, but in the end -- well, never mind it, really. The image still looks good. (And I think I like it flipped.)

I've little idea of what passes as acceptable at the gallery or not, but I think this piece deserves a place there. Perhaps the nudity is an issue? I wouldn't know, I've never been at all sensitive to nudity so what I might think is okay might not be for others (silly, if you ask me, but there you go).

At any rate... great work -- all thumbs up! :)

Vahn
06-28-2006, 08:50 AM
looking goood jm :applause:

was she a Ballerina before she became blind ? she seems to be supporting herself on her toes only. Good progress ... could use a little bit more texture in the whole lower area ... but you said you wanted to keep it simple ...so : :love:

ch1nook
06-28-2006, 09:36 AM
your work looks great. I really love black&white-images.
the background is a bit too undetailed. but focus lays on the women.:)

jmBoekestein
06-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Thx Eilidh! Much appreciated. I'll just send it in and if they decline it I'll send the censored version :)

Thx Vahn! yup simple does it for now I think. :D

yuk159
06-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Freckin awesome, beautyfull light, a divine light , beautiful like a painting of Caravage
Great job :applause:

jmBoekestein
06-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Wow thx !!! :bounce:

Dianae
06-28-2006, 11:59 AM
This painting is very beautiful, it really deserves a place in the gallery IMO. Well done!

jmBoekestein
06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Thank you!!! I hope they'll accept it. I'm really happy I finished it, so that's a thing I have at least.

Runecaster
06-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I am not even sure if I commented on this particular one or not, but I've been keeping track of it - it's nice to see it completed - and I think it's absolutely gorgeous.

(Oh yeah I remember saying it was badass right after you posted the first version hehe)

I think you should submit it and see how it goes. This is beautiful!:thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
06-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks! And I did. :) Now it's a matter of waiting.

jmBoekestein
07-18-2006, 01:42 AM
was trying to create a good brush for myself... not sure I like this one, but I did a speedy to test it.

about 30 mins

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7136/brushtestaz8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jmBoekestein
07-18-2006, 03:40 AM
new brush, new test... no ref on either btw...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5052/ihateelvesnx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

eilidh
07-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Ahh, both look really, really good. You have a very good understanding of forms. And I can't get over how well you handle your lighting! :)

I am trying to figure out what that brush is really like.

For the record, the second's ear should be a little lower (base aligned with the nose) and a little further away from the face; unless it's intentional -- he doesn't look particularly human after all.

CyborgJA
07-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Oh, I'm still waiting for colors... in the meantime I can tell you that I love your creatures but I think that these heads have got some troubles.

The first one doesn't respect the 3/4 pose : eye, nose and mouth are not aligned, plus there are 2 different rotations divided by nose horizontal axis.

Second one is a profile. The ear shoul follow the eye-nose midline (as suggested by eilidh) plus I think that you should add dark tones on the nose starting point cause now it seems to be affected by a rotation compared to head axis.

Another thing but is a 'plus'.
Each head is a independent problem : you can describe different bones, different muscles, different pieces of free flesh from 'standard' head. I don't know what you had in mind but I can tell you my opinion about its shape.

I've got 2 points :

1. it is a flat face cause of nose scale : in my opinion you have drawn a too little nose and that produces something like a 'pushed' plane of the whole face. I know that I'm used to paint round faces and you always face me that (and maybe you are right) but check it with some photo-references.

2. He has got a too little back-side skull. Check both ear and nape position.

Man, you know that I post my critics on your works cause I believe in your skills :thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
07-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks Eilidh!! The brush for the second is one that becomes smaller and applies more colour as I press harder, I made the dab myself as well to give it more zang... To be honest didn't spend much time on these, just quick bursts, I'll need to keep an eye on the finer points :).

Thanks Serena! I don't keep an eye on those things when I paint so they tend to become messy... bad bad... And I never intended the first one to become a speedy, itwas a happy accident sort of. lol. I see what you mean about the second one, I think it would vary in different designs, just whatever hits me. it looked like something to try and I was satisfied. :)

I'll definitely keep working on getting things done in a more readable way, I'm allready in the books even. :D

Will post some more stuff soon I bet... in colour, with any fortunes.

jmBoekestein
07-31-2006, 01:14 AM
Ok, new field of excercise... Gradually working into environments... feel free to rip it to shreds, it's just something to play with visually so explosions and stuff aren't my usual heheh. :) It's in an early stage but I'm gonna head to bed and (try to) sleep.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8514/environment1007oy1.jpg

Thx for checking...

bigger badder:)
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9901/environment1006ks4.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=environment1006ks4.jpg)

pap87
07-31-2006, 03:20 AM
That's looking very nice.
Man, if only you were as confident with colour as you are with black and white you'd be truly kicking ass.

Nazirull
07-31-2006, 04:44 AM
Doode....ur BW can whip any of my color masterpieces 1000 times...great improvement doode...:thumbsup:

Digitalpaint
07-31-2006, 06:07 AM
Great "environment" concept Jan-mark, would love to see this one with some color. :thumbsup:

CyborgJA
07-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Great "environment" concept Jan-mark, would love to see this one with some color. :thumbsup:

I quote.
You told me that you'll add a lot of 'flying-objects' so I won't talk about their position in the air now.
I only think that you can improve your composition shifting the horizon line cause now it is at the middle of your pic.

Hope to see this pic with colors,
Bye !:love:

Iridyse
07-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh, the light looks SO beautiful in that picture! It's got this really soft-misty feel to it.You'll probably fix the flying crafts so no comments on those for now(also mainly because I don't know the terms involved, I don't want to be laughed at for saying "wings" :D)

Your new avatar is rather creepy, yet so cute :D

mikkamakka
07-31-2006, 05:12 PM
what kinda brushes are you using? i'm looking for good brushes, that could lend the my pictures a hand painted style... can you suggest anything on that? I really like that new picutre you have started, it has a very good mood - i think maybe that huge sun takes overwhelms a bit the atomic explosion, but appart from that i think it'll be great! are you going to color it as well?

jmBoekestein
07-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks pap 87, I take baby steps I know lol... else I wouldn't get anywhere, it's true.. :surprised

Nazirull, heheh, uhmm.... ok :) I bet not but thanks man!!!

Thanks Arty2, not sure but soon. :)

Yeah I wasn't really paying attention anymore to the horizon, after I added to the canvas, good point. Thanks :love:!!!

Oh thanks hiiri, I love playing with that, it can add a lot of intensity to the image. Yeah I think there 'some perspective problems' :). I'll try and fix that because I don't use guides, so misstakes creap in on al sides.

Bogey, hmm, handpainted brushes, I'm using a selfmade copy of the acrylics brush with a lot bleed set in it. That gives the cool smudge effect and allows for realy fast blending.
I think by capturing dabs you could add a bit of noise to it, and maybe papertextures and weaves would help as well.
You know it was a sun at first but I cange it into an explosion, I'll have to tweak a lot I see. hahaha... I might try and colour it yeah, gotta start somewhere. Thanks!!

CHeers. :)

Iridyse
07-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey jm:) I was just looking through the previous pages of your thread when you replied:D (just so you know I'm not stalking or anything *cough*) I absolutely love that last figure on the column. I really like how you don't go super dark in the shadows.I've tried working in greyscale and I know how damn difficult it is to just use the in-between values.So much respect to you for that, for painting skin like skin :) And I really love that long flowing hair. I wanted to do something like that for my next piece, and you've just added to the inspiration/excitement, haha.
As for the perspective thing, I'm quite crappy at it myself, so I don't think I ought to be giving advice on it, haha.
Cheers!

Dianae
07-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Nice ones JM! The lighting on the last one is totally amazing, it looks very soft and misty! Can't wait to see the next step!

jmBoekestein
08-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Uh thx Hiiri! Really happy you got the geist! It's a lot of fun for me you know to start finetuning somehting like this, and try to bring it some light sort of. And flowing hair iiis really a favourite of mine :blush: ... Thanks again :cool:

Thx Diane! coming soon I hope, once I catch up on some sleep. And get my comp all fixed up. Had major troubles with my current setup so I'm upgrading to 64 bit and dual core besides replacement parts. *Mindless raving about technology* "Hurry up!!! My toy is sick! :cry: ... "

Thanks a lot for your comments!

jmBoekestein
08-07-2006, 11:38 PM
I forgot to post this before but my pc died one day before my upgrades arrived. God was playing a prank on me, just isn't fair you know. :(

Well anyway, after inadvertently erasing nearly all my data I'm gonna rebuild some nice brushes and work on this and the environment. :)

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/5042/hotday1003gq0.jpg

Salubri3i
08-08-2006, 06:03 AM
the piece in the last post looks great man! :thumbsup:

Squibbit
08-08-2006, 08:01 AM
wow, very nice this latest, well done, dude

Shadowbrooke
08-08-2006, 04:27 PM
wow this piece looks sensual and beautiful. You're very good at painting women figure. Are you working in colors with this one?!

jmBoekestein
08-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Thank you guys! Good to have a pat on the back, because I'm having toreadjust to thi s new OS and the new system, an having lost my brushes : /.

Not sure I'll make her in colour this time, I could ty just for the fun of it, I think photoshop CS2 has 64 bit support so it'll be a good way to try.

Runecaster
08-08-2006, 05:14 PM
All your women have the same face -- that's pretty telling :D She's gorgeous btw - such a sensual pose, love it. Love the environemnt too. :thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
08-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Damn, caught redhanded. :p They have a particular type of face yes, elongated skinny-ish and a stubby nose. I think what's happening is that if you have a different ype of face yourself they all seem the same, but unless it's the same type of face then you see the little variances all over. AT least I do. Definitely a preference anyway. :) Thanks! I'll try and vary them more though since you mention.

Stefander
08-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Ziet er heel netjes uit, gast, I'm impressed ;)

Alleen haar buik en middenrif ziet er nog een beetje vreemd uit, misschien dat je hier nog een beetje kunt verbeteren... Zal deze thread wel ff in de gaten houden om te kijken wat je allemaal uitspookt ;)

Dianae
08-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Wow, I love the last one! You're so good with lighting! More details on it please :D

jmBoekestein
08-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Beedankt Stefan, 'k zal mijn best blijven doen :D.

Thank You! Wow, glad you like my style ^,^ !

:D Will do :bounce: .

CyborgJA
08-09-2006, 12:28 PM
I love the pose and how you have painted her blouse but I think that there's a rotation trouble on her breast if compared to shoulders position and then another one on her belly.
I know you have made this pic in few hours but I think you should check body's "blocks" first and then add flesh etc etc

I'm here waiting the faboulous woman with incredible lights that you promised me :thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
08-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Thanks Serena! I was having trouble with that because I want it to look a certain way with the blouse on, heh. It got kind of confusing.

Coming right up!

jmBoekestein
08-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Warm up practice, had a dip... :) I hope I'm warming up again...

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9735/vampiresuckling004nd3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Oh yeah she'll be a vampire, got some goals set on the pics requirements. so this is not gonna be the regular character without [arbitrary background]... etc.

Iridyse
08-22-2006, 02:18 AM
There's something really ancient about her. She'll make a great vampire!

Looking forward to updates :)

Salubri3i
08-22-2006, 02:53 AM
very nice jm. she already looks vampiric to me. are you keeping the eyes that way? i think it would fit... she has this classic like, macabre beauty. deadly attractive. :D

will this be a portrait piece only or a full figure?

CyborgJA
08-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Warm up practice, had a dip... :) I hope I'm warming up again...

Oh yeah she'll be a vampire, got some goals set on the pics requirements. so this is not gonna be the regular character without [arbitrary background]... etc.

I can feel her soul and that is fantastic but take attention on eyes' planes.
Waiting the burn out after the first place :bounce:

Nehym
08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Nice to see you stating to paint again Jan-Mark! And i must agree with Iridyse's comment too. :)

Though, i'd add that maybe the nose tip is a little small/too verticalish? But this gives her quite an exotic look too but i find the tip where the nostrils are still a little small, proportion wise. Might just be personnal preference too. =^.^=

jmBoekestein
08-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Iridyse thx!

Salubri3i, thx, I want to make it a full portrait with body and some envr=ironment, and elongated frame with a few hard contrasting areas, really gritty. As for how she looks I only plan to tweak the proportions to make her easily readable and more attractive. Thx for the great compliment! :)

Will do Serena! Played round a bit with it last night but I'll maybe add some aiding guidelines or something, as long as it works.

Thx Amelie! You're right I think, but I was still molding her nose, that exotic look is hard to tweak, or noses ni general are just hard lol. Thx again! :D

Ok getting to work in a few, after dinner.

:wavey:

pap87
08-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Could this be the pic that will finally break the black and white stalemate and open the doors for colour?!?

Nah, don't wanna push you. Black and white has it's own distinctive qualities and you make good use of them.

Look forward to an update.:thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
08-24-2006, 04:17 PM
haha thx, I'm not sure how fast one will pop up though, I really didn't get much done yesterday :/... AS far as colours though pretty soon, no way out I guess.

jmBoekestein
09-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Saw Samsonsreaper speedpainting recording and thought it's be a great way to watch your own technique and discover where you go wrong, I often get lost because I don't think stuff over. Be sure to check his speedpainting thread, seriously good stuff :p, and you can easily learn something now :). The vids on the youtube system :)(mine that is) .

painting vid: demon grinning demo *grin* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFaXkVbB-Vo)

oh yeah time was 24.591666666667 minutes spent. Toight for not paying attention I thought. :D

Salubri3i
09-05-2006, 03:54 AM
you jumped straight to the painting without a freaking sketch!? and yet you ended with an anatomically correct piece!?

i could wring your neck right about now. :D

you wicked wicked person. :P

what recording software did you use?

jmBoekestein
09-05-2006, 03:58 AM
Hahah thx :D. It's more like sculpting sometimes I guess, the whole thing takes shape.

I used Camtasia, easy and enough options, handles the codecs well enough also. :)

Iridyse
09-05-2006, 05:52 AM
Very, very cool jm! Nice technique too:) I usually start off with a mid tone and paint the light and shadows, but your method looks so much cooler. You are, in essence "painting the light" (now I know what that finally means :P)

Where are our updates?! Show us a bigger version of the image..please?
Thanks for sharing the video :)

frostblade
09-05-2006, 06:54 AM
pretty cool to see how to becomes the demon :)
thanks for sharing, very educational.

jmBoekestein
09-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks Iridyse! Yeah it's afun experience to paint with light like this. :D I can't seem to be able ot upload to imageshack right now so I'll postthe image later on. I started 2 other speedies yesterday, maybe I'll share those too if they're under ten minutes videolength. :D
Thank you.

You're welcome frosty! Long time no see. :D

jmBoekestein
09-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Here's the demon in high res(max at least <_< )

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1956/capquickydemonkm8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I got two others in the works to laternate, but they're taking their/my time, not speedies. So eventually either a bit stiff or better shading. I hope the latter. CHeers!

Iridyse
09-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Oh very nice! I like the cuts and stitches :D

jmBoekestein
09-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Ok i need help with this one, it started it out as a bad speedy, but I'm really trying to salvage it as a learning experience, and also becaus I like the idea. Another vampire, guess it's vampire month now. :D

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5713/hellpuppet2009gf3.jpg

slickgreekgeo
09-15-2006, 11:07 AM
It's already looking great; Brighten the hell out of the figure so she can pop out more. Looking great, keep it up.

jmBoekestein
09-15-2006, 11:11 AM
heheh thx, was allready on it, giving her shirt the silver treatment. SHe'll pop allright :twisted: ! CHeers.

Vahn
09-15-2006, 12:20 PM
hehe cool that you pull off the greyscale learning ..youre getting better and better with your values :thumbsup:

and you seem to have a hang for women showing their inner thighs :D

keep it up

CyborgJA
09-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Waiting to see how you'll define her torso to discuss about left leg.

jmBoekestein
09-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Off to grab a bite and hvave a small break. I'm poppig the shirt and I think this is a right brightness... torso not yet place enough in this wip, btu I thought I'd post it anyway. :)

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1146/hellpuppet2010bzi0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Vahn hahah! Thx, yeah I'm still at it. :rolleyes: I'll never get beyond this stage I'll bet. Ah well, it's fun so.

Serena, I'll have it tin a few moments... or a little mroe moments but it's difficult wiht only bounced light shaping ehr there. :D

:bounce: feeding time.

CyborgJA
09-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Serena, I'll have it tin a few moments... or a little mroe moments but it's difficult wiht only bounced light shaping ehr there. :D

:bounce: feeding time.

You know...I've got a lot of patience :thumbsup: