PDA

View Full Version : Transparency animated don't work in MR

gpepper
04-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi all.
Here is my problem.
I have one object in a scene and the visibility channel is animated. It works great with a quick render and in Maya viewport.
But when I render the animation with the batch render with Mental Ray, the transparency don't work, it is visible all the time.
So what's the problem ?

djx
04-18-2006, 01:37 PM
This has been discussed before, so you may want to do a search. However the easiest fix, if you use a render-manager, is to render a frame at a time. Otherwise you could write a batch script to launch a sequence of single frame cmd-line renders.

T-R
04-18-2006, 03:18 PM
You need to check off "Optimize Non-animated Display Visibility" in mental rays render settings. If you you using a version prior to 7 its called "prune invisible parts" or something like that.

T-R
04-18-2006, 03:40 PM
server was too busy and then it double posted:blush:

gpepper
04-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Ok thanks, I will check that.

one
04-19-2006, 07:38 AM
You need to check off "Optimize Non-animated Display Visibility" in mental rays render settings. If you you using a version prior to 7 its called "prune invisible parts" or something like that.

sorry in the Mental rays render settings which part? there is a few sections under the mental ray render settings

for maya 7 btw

onkelandy
04-19-2006, 09:54 AM
It's under Translation /Performance

Anyhow. I could make the visibility work, but refractions still got rendered incorrectly. This really sucks! After a second attempt it worked correctly, though.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2006, 09:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.