PDA

View Full Version : Changing Size Of Blendshape Names Area ?

E D G E C R A F T
04-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Anybody know, mel based or otherwise how to change the size of the blendshape editors area where the blendshape names appear ?

Stucky
04-18-2006, 10:30 AM
what you want to change is the width of the textfields that are in the belnd shape window. I created a simple blendshape and I had to search for the textfield name, to edit it. So , the name was blendShape1_tgtLabel0. The command to edit its size is:

textField -edit -width 150 blendShape1_tgtLabel0;

I put the value 150, just as an example. You can put whatever you want.

Now, imagine if you have 20 textfields you want to change. You have to some how query the blendshape window for the name of the textfields that are in it and then do a loop to change the textfields width. I don't know if it is possible to query the blendshape window for the textfields in it, and I don't have the time right now to search info about that. But I gave you a start...Hope it helps...Cheers

EDIT: I created a second blendshape and its name was blendShape2_tgtLabel0. So, I suppose that the names of the textfields will be somthing like blendShape1_tgtLabel0, blendShape2_tgtLabel0, blendShape3_tgtLabel0, blendShape*_tgtLabel0. Only the number in the * changes...

-S

Stucky
04-18-2006, 10:45 AM
ok, I've done a simple thing:

Imagine if you have 20 blendShapes and you want to change their width to 100, just run this:

int $i;
int $NumBlendshapes = 2;
int $width = 100;
int $iterations = $NumBlenshapes + 1;

for ($i=1; $i<$iterations; $i++)
{

textField -edit -width $width ("blendShape" + $i + "_tgtLabel0");

}

replace the $NumBlendshapes for the number of blendShapes you have, and the $width for the width size you want.

Hope this helps....

-S

E D G E C R A F T
04-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi, thanks, that's actually a great help.

Much appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2006, 12:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.