PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon: Power Plugins & Super Shaders

Vizfizz
04-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

Life has been a bit busy over the past couple of weeks. I've been finishing up on two films, wrapped up Project Phoenix, taxes, Mr. Revolver beta testing, and about a bazillion other things I've needed to do. Just another bazillion more.

With that, I wanted to keep you posted on what I'm planning for our upcoming events. A number of you have expressed an interested in learning more about Electric Image plugins and shaders. Well, I'd like to see this happen too. I'm asking for volunteers to help highlight a plugin of your choice and post a little tutorial here online. For myself, I intend to shed a little light on the particle systems of Electric Image. (Namely Dante, PowerParticles Pro, and Fyreworks). I don't expect you to produce a huge production the size of Project Phoenix, but rather a small discussion with examples of your favorite plugin in use. Once you've given us a little knowledge, create a challenge and get the group to create something using the highlighted plugin.

I'd like to see volunteers for:

Blaster
Placer Deposit
Psunami
Pathfinder
DaVinci's Chisel
NX
MForge
Cineon Set
Fiber Forge
Mr. Nitro
Blobmaker
Steamroller

There are several others to choose from.. this list is just some of the bigger ones. So come on and join the fun. This board runs on group participation. I could sure use the help! Share some of your knowledge for the benefit of others.

Please use this thread to "sign up" and post your intent to teach a mini class. Once things have been divided up, we can discuss when you would like to open your class and I'll post a formal "schedule".

And for you plugin vendors out there... maybe now is the time to offer a little "incentive" if you know what I mean.

Thanks!

sacslacker
04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Woot, this will be a big help. I'm particularly interested in MForge and NX but I'm excited to learn more about the others too.

Thanks for this!

cjberg
04-18-2006, 07:36 PM
If there is of interest, I would be willing to do some on XP. (even though it is not one of your listed)

Cj

Vizfizz
04-18-2006, 08:56 PM
By all means! That would be great.

Reuben5150
04-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Maybe i could do some furry stuff with Placer or FiberForge or something with the Cineon shader, if i can find some time.. as ever :argh:

Reuben

Vizfizz
04-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Both sound like great ideas. Pick the one you feel most comfortable with and write up a little tutorial and let me know.

worx3d
04-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Please oh please! someone do something with Onyx Tree Storm for EIAS. Two times I've been very interested on this plugin, and I will probably buy it soon, but I haven't found a lot of examples, apart from the still renders and basic camera fly thrus to really know what this plugin is capable of. I would love to see some wind, growth, texture, capabilites of this program/plugin.

Brian, I need to thank you for all your efforts on this forum, I really truly appreciate it, thanks for doing things like this.

cheers

Joel

Vizfizz
04-19-2006, 02:18 AM
Tree Storm would be a good one.. I plan to pick that up eventually. So much to teach.. so little time.

halfworld
04-19-2006, 09:11 AM
I have tree storm, I'll look into this, although, as Brian is aware, we have our hands full at the moment :)

mForge would be a tough one.... That interface is less then savoury, a team effort perhaps!

Ian

SteveW928
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
TreeStorm is really cool... but I'm trying to think of what to do with it other than make trees... lol :)

Maybe a tutorial on how to map real leaf images if I can find the time... I've only done that once... so might be a good refresher for me as well.

I won't promise it... as my time is pretty tight... but I'll try.

If I get at it... I'll let you know Ian so we don't duplicate efforts... if that is what you had planned on showing.

-Steve

worx3d
04-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Thanks Ian and Steve, I appreciate it.

Joel

halfworld
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Go Steve :)

I'll spend the time working on other goodies for us all :)
Ian

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.