PDA

View Full Version : what computer should i get?

GimGim
04-18-2006, 04:18 AM
sorry, there must be lots of thread about this topic, but i need some suggestion for getting a tablet

I'm a classical animation student, and i will learn 3D animation this summer. I'm planning to get a new computer this summer along with a tablet, i'm just wondering what kind of computer i should get for 3D animation and some digital art work? and which tablet should i get?

thanks

Signal2Noise
04-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Some advice:

1. Visit this forum (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=23) and do a search or just start reading threads.

2. Get a computer based on the system requirements of whichever application(s) you plan to use. Then, as a rule of thumb, double the amount of RAM called for as the minimum, get the fastest CPU & graphics card you can afford, and finally do your eyes a favour and purchase the largest monitor(s) (I recommend LCD but some purests say to stick with CRTs) you can afford.

Computer set ups are such a subjective topic it's best to do the research and decide for yourself what you need.

GimGim
04-18-2006, 06:41 AM
thanks,
and i have another question, whats the different btw Wacom tablet graphires and intuos?
im thinking which one i should get...

newman
04-18-2006, 07:50 AM
thanks,
and i have another question, whats the different btw Wacom tablet graphires and intuos?
im thinking which one i should get...

Wacom is a company that makes tablets, intuos is a tablet model. Hope that helps a bit...

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2006, 07:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.