PDA

View Full Version : bird and girl

renton
04-18-2006, 03:54 AM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/abracren/3781.jpg

hi
i'm almost happy with the girl face, and i definitely need c&c about the general composition. what do you think? should I keep it?
i'd like to add more leaves and i must work a lot in hands, hair and bird.

Naisart
04-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi,
For me, it feels like you have cropped the image too far to the right. Like there is to much space to the right of the image. Maybe it wold look better if you showed the whole bird and also made it smaller? I would probably desaturate it some too.
Have you thought about adding to the top of the image? Maybe it will work better.

Also it kind of looks like she is floating. I think you need to add darker shadows.
I donīt think her skirt(?) has the same quality as the rest of the image.

I like the mood and I think itīs very well rendered.
Keep it up!

cuddlesmcsavage
04-18-2006, 02:45 PM
i would agree that there is too much space on the right hand side, so unless you extend to the left and put in the full length of the figure, i would crop it. you've got the skin tones pretty much down, but her forearms are wa too big as are her hands. i like the colour palette you're working with, but she has no interactiong with her clothes. they need more depth, and some shadows to put it all together. the same goes with the leaves, i like how they are rendered (same with the bird) but there needs to be some more shadow just to improve depth and tie the image together. also her hands need to be done more in keeping with the rest of the girl. besides the cropping i think you have a strong composition. good work!

dEDa
04-18-2006, 06:37 PM
very nice work, only the hands seem to me a little too big... and the right arm to have wrong lenght... Go on, it sure come out a piece of art!
dEDa

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2006, 06:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.