PDA

View Full Version : light coming through window..please help!

Leo_gal
04-18-2006, 03:37 AM
First off...probally a really stupid question, but if I have a spotlight in Maya 7 outside the window, how do you make it so it only lights through the window rather then lighting the whole room. Next question, I also want a bit of light fog coming in through the windows and the door, how would I do this so it's not everywhere in the scene. I also tried to put a grid on the intensity of the spotlight so it would look more realistic shining through the bars on the window, but it's not working properally. It's only lighting the area I don't want lit rather then the other way around. I also was looking at some previous posts and I was wondering if you can use radiosity in Maya? Any help or any other input would be greatly appreciated

Crymzon
04-18-2006, 06:18 AM
Try a simple thing. Create a spotlite with a cone angle wide enuff to encompass the windows and the door.
Then enable shadows, depth map or raytrace yr choice.Try varying the intensity of light. It should work or get u on the way .
Abt the fog, try adding a map in the lite fog settings.You will find the fog settings under light effects inside the attribute editor for your spotlight.
Hope this helps.

Regs!

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2006, 06:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.