PDA

View Full Version : animate/bake UVs

AlexOddbratt
04-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi

I'm wondering if there is a way to key the position of UVs?

the ordinary setKeyframe command doesn't seem to work.

To be correct it seems to work randomly.

Is there really a good way to animate UVs in Maya?

If there now is a way to animate UVs i was also wondering if there is a way to bake animation for UVs?

Any answers would be much appreciated.

AlexOddbratt
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Just as an update:

You can animate UVs as long as the shapeNode has a polyTweakUV node connected to it.
Any base mesh like cube or sphere automaticly gets one if you key their UVs since they still have their history left.

But how do you connect a polyTweakUV node to a shapeNode that doesn't have the history left and still keep the placment for each UV point?

Every way i've tried to connect it has either moved the uv's or deleted them (the whole mesh dissapers from the viewport, it's still there but it's invicible).

And when it comes to baking UV animation i haven't found any way that works either. Bake simulation won't recognise the UV's as componets that are keyable as long as there isn't a polyTweakUV node in the hierarchy.

So my problem is basicly: how do i connect a polyTweakUV node to the shape node of an object (where the history has been deleted) without changing the UV positions?

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.