PDA

View Full Version : animating displacement maps rig/shader ??

the_zed_axis
04-17-2006, 07:30 AM
ok sorry if this has been posted because i could not find it...been searching the net 3 hours now looking for some kinda tutorial on how to setup animated displacement maps. I am looking for a shader that will change the displacement map with different blendshapes(face ,body etc)...something by a set driven key

i am thinking set driven key>blendshape>displacement map

can anyone offer a tutorial or a link or just some plain simple advice on how to progress with this??

lkruel
04-17-2006, 11:25 AM
your thoughts would be correct. There's a guide on Stop Staring on how to do it, and it's just an expression (since both values, BS and bump are from 0-1) you could easily do a sdk if you want more control.

Set the driven keys with the blendshape driving the displacement depth.

-LK

the_zed_axis
04-17-2006, 11:52 PM
but what about the shader??? how do i set that up to take multiple displacement maps??

and which shader do i use??

thanks for your time:)

lkruel
04-18-2006, 01:36 AM
You can add a displacement map to any shader.

To connect extra bump maps, you have to create the first one, then connect the Out Normal of the second one into the Normal Camera of the first one.

Hope that helps.

LK

the_zed_axis
04-18-2006, 02:18 AM
thanks for your help ...really appreciate it
i will give it a try tonight :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2006, 02:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.